Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone recommend a good tyre inflator?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been eyeing off the new makita cordless compressor - I already have the batteries and charger for my cordless tools. I’m sure all the power tool brands have them. I can’t see that one in your link lasting long. Its very small, and I’ve learnt undersized things with motors dont tend to have long life.

Didn't know this existed, thanks! I will pick one up from Bunnings. I already have many batteries/tools for this system.

inflates quicker and lighter/more portable than a compressor.

Not sure that's accurate.

The WIndgallop product I am using (link earlier in thread) is very small, and only weighs 900grams.

I have had a number of bicycle track and foot pumps (MTB and road cyclist) over the years, and most of these are either heavier or more awkwardly shaped than this portable compressor.

Something else to consider: If you are pumping up from empty after plugging a flat, it can take a few minutes with either a small compressor or a foot pump.

With the compressor, you set it going then you can wait on the safe side of the guard rail on the highway. Using a foot pump, you are exposed the entire time.

Reactions: Hairyman and erosco