Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Free Ludicrous upgrade be applied to inventory vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by my sales agent that free Ludicrous is only available on custom orders, not on inventory cars, unfortunately. Which makes my decision even harder since I’m trying to decide if I want to upgrade to a Raven or wait for the rumoured refresh. If I don’t like the new interior, I won’t be able to get free Ludicrous on an inventory Raven (and perhaps the Ludicrous bonus will disappear altogether once the refresh comes out anyway).

Why no stacking? You think at this point most of the inventory cars aren't Raven by now?

Because the two promotions have different purposes. They have the FUSC to move older inventory cars, so they can be replaced with Ravens, and the free ludicrous upgrade is to get people to upgrade to new Raven refreshed vehicles.

Inventory vehicles normally have a discount top help move them, so they don't need to free ludicrous upgrade on them.

Looking to buy a Tesla and weighing all my options. My question is whether or not the free ludicrous upgrade can be applied to inventory vehicles or only orders.

This is an old thread, but from many other threads it appears that people have gotten it from inventory vehicles and not new orders. A push to get the older stuff out perhaps just like the free supercharging for life being offered on inventory as well.

Congrats @Mediocrates !

Did you get free unlimited supercharging ? And did your inventory car happen to be a raven ?

Free Unlimited Supercharging was included. It was not a "Raven" vehicle. I had custom-ordered a "Raven" vehicle, but there were ongoing delays that many people were experiencing (including myself) in even getting a VIN (much less a vehicle), so I opted to take an inventory vehicle of the same build that was produced (I believe) sometime in April (maybe early May). I opted for that due to the end-of-June delivery requirement for the Federal Tax Credit to not be cut in half (again). It is badged and software-identified as a P100D (not a "Performance" or "Dual Motor").