Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I get a FOB for MYLR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work in a government building where I cannot have my phone. Is there a way to use a FOB with the MYLR?
I would check with security to see if you can take the fob in as well. I know that there are some that are allowed and others are not.

I have the same type of restrictions, but we have small lockers we can use for our phones. If you have those available, your phone could still work as the key.

One thing I used to get around some of the restrictions was to keep my Tesla key card in my stack of ID cards for work. A few years ago, I got a badge holder to hold all my cards (Amazon.com : Aluminum GOVO Badge Holder/Wallet_ Durable ID Card Holder with Metal Clip and 4 Cards Slot (Black) : Office Products) because I was tired of all the clacking as I walked. No problems either using the RFID cards at work or the one for the Tesla. Also makes it convenient for when the phone won't work.

Or you could carry it in your wallet like a heathen.

Since you probably already lock your phone in your car, this might also be an option. You just have to remember to lock your car when you get out.

I just received mine yesterday!
image.jpg

Reactions: tdeno and Steel28
Does the key fob have a hole to attach a key ring? In @Schulz1983 picture there is one but on the Tesla website it doesn't look like there is one.
The FOB has a very small hole to loop in a thin string. I believe the user above actually has a case like this, which is why it looks like that:

Holding up well! I use it everyday now and never rely on my phone. I feel like the button for the frunk is a little hard to press if I am nitpicking. I would buy it again though. Just have to use my thumb when I’m popping the frunk
The only thing that scares me with the fob is if i accidently open the trunk while the fob is in my pocket. Especially if the car is in the garage and the trunk hits the garage ceiling.