Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I re program steering wheel buttons?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S had a separate stalk for TACC adjustments and TACC/Autosteer activation. The 3 does not have the extra stalk, so the right scroll ball is dedicated to speed/follow distance adjustments, and the shift stalk activates TACC/Autosteer.

When I test drove a new Model 3 (after 3.5 years of driving used Model Ses) I found it to be a simple, intuitive solution.

I think this is a huge miss by Tesla. More customizability of the screen and buttons would be very simple and could add a lot to the user/driver experience.

Think about paraplegics who are missing the use of an arm. The controls could be setup to better accommodate their disability without having to build extra equipment into the car.

Reactions: morbidz
Hello, I have a model S and just bought our son a model 3. Can I program the function of the right steering wheel button to control the a/c fan like we have it in the model S?

Thank you
nope but this guy might be able to
one project is adding M3 stalks to a Plaid MS, the other is adding the M3 steering wheel

Hello, I have a model S and just bought our son a model 3. Can I program the function of the right steering wheel button to control the a/c fan like we have it in the model S?

Thank you
I hate interacting with the screen, but if you want to use the scroll wheel, just press it and say "increase fan speed" or "set fan to XX", etc.