Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I use my own referral code for Tesla Solar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm they have received a referral credit for solar? I'm 1 referral away from the 22" inch wheels and just signed up for a Tesla Solar install, but this wasn't mentioned. Thanks!

There are two separate referral programs, and yes you can refer yourself.

I sed my vehicle referral when I purchase my solar, but it counts as a solar referral and not a vehicle referral.

Reactions: Paul8810
We used our own solar referral but it never showed up in the app it online. We just received an email indicating it was time to choose the $750 credit or $400 cash. At least one other person had used our referral code for solar as well but we didn't know about it until we got the same "choose your reward" email.

• Informative
Reactions: Paul8810
We used our own solar referral but it never showed up in the app it online. We just received an email indicating it was time to choose the $750 credit or $400 cash. At least one other person had used our referral code for solar as well but we didn't know about it until we got the same "choose your reward" email.

Yeah, it doesn't appear in the app. I collect about 5 of them for $750 credit each, and then applied them against an Extended 4 year Warranty for the wife's Model X.

I think it takes 90 days from when you get permission to operate before you get the referral email.

Also make sure that they used your referral code for the installation.

I ran into a situation that they used someone else code for my installation at the end. So when I called them and asked for the referral. They said I have nothing. I had multiple conversations with them and now they said I have to wait another 6-8 werks to get it.

I was qualified for $750 store credit/$400 check. But now they said I only qualified for $250/$250 because now my submission time is Jan/2019. So will have another fight again.

Does the new referral program still work for solar? I only see the 1000mi free supercharging for car referrals. I don't see anything about solar in the current referral program.

With the older referral program, I was able to use my own referral code (I own a Model X) for my solar install and I got both rewards: 5 years extra warranty as the buyer, $400 cash as the referrer. My solar install was completed in Aug 2018. I got the referral reward email to choose $400 cash or $750 credit in November 2018. I just recently got the check for $400 a couple of days ago in April 2019.

Reactions: Maximapolak