Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can MX 6-seater fit 55-inch or 65-inch tv (new in box) in the trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We fit a 55in with room to spare. I'm not sure with enough for 9 more inches for the 65 though. If you move the 2nd rows up as far as they'll go and imagine that you'll slide it in laying flat from the trunk as far up as it'll go and measure from the 2nd row headrest to the back of the trunk, that'll tell you.

It's about 60" from the hatch to the back of the middle row seats, when they are as forward as they will go. So you could fit the 55" on its side with the middle seats pushed all the way up. Neither size would fit with the TV standing up since the cargo hatch height is approx 27". I think both sizes would fit pretty easily out of the box if you tilted them and slid between the middle seats.

Can you lay the TV down? Many of the new thin models cannot be laid down. You need to transport then standing up, which probably means you will have plenty of room. Especially if you can stand it on the floor in front of the second row of seats.

Last edited:
Not exactly what you're looking for, but here's a pic of a 65" tv in the back of my old Model S.

HKT83fh.png

It fit like a glove. No room on any side.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and xanatos
Model S cargo space is actually deeper than the Model X 6 seater with the rear two folded down. I wouldn't use that as a comparison.

The more I think about it, OP might be able to get the 65" box to fit if they prop it up against the back of the seats at like a 25-30 degree angle. That should bring the horizontal depth of the box down to about 55-58" which would just barely fit with the two middle seats pushed all the way up.

Reactions: VikH