Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can one key fob be programmed to open more than one Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wifey and I each have a Tesla Model S, a 2018 100D and a 2019 75D. We often swap cars, and grab either one when we go places separately. Between us we have 4 car key fobs, 2 each, 1 for each car.

Is there a way to program one single key fob so that it can be used for both cars? That way I only have to carry one key, but could drive off in either car. It seems if we can program new key fobs to the car, maybe this is possible - but then again the key fobs may know that they are limited to being used with one and only one car?

• Disagree
Reactions: doghousePVD
Wifey and I each have a Tesla Model S, a 2018 100D and a 2019 75D. We often swap cars, and grab either one when we go places separately. Between us we have 4 car key fobs, 2 each, 1 for each car.

Is there a way to program one single key fob so that it can be used for both cars? That way I only have to carry one key, but could drive off in either car. It seems if we can program new key fobs to the car, maybe this is possible - but then again the key fobs may know that they are limited to being used with one and only one car?

Service center can program the fob to both cars. The fobs don't care what car they are programmed to.
I kept a fob from my totaled Model S and had it programmed to my new Model S.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingkong5