Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla TALK ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla talks to me when I use navigation. In fact, she is quite verbose in her speech. She says things like, "Now, at the end of the street, turn right". If you use the left thumb-wheel during a navigation prompt, it actually changes the navigation volume. All other times it will change the audio volume.

Upper left-hand corner of the navigation panel there is a speaker icon if you the option of turning off send adjusting the volume of navigation audio

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 87
Thanks a lot - don't think the manual cover that !!!!
From page 127:
During navigation, the instrument panel also displays the turn-by-turn directions and you will hear spoken instructions. To change the volume of the spoken instructions use the scroll wheel on the left side of the steering wheel when the navigation instructions are being spoken. You can also touch the volume button located on the turn-by-turn direction list displayed on the touchscreen.

From page 127:
During navigation, the instrument panel also displays the turn-by-turn directions and you will hear spoken instructions. To change the volume of the spoken instructions use the scroll wheel on the left side of the steering wheel when the navigation instructions are being spoken. You can also touch the volume button located on the turn-by-turn direction list displayed on the touchscreen.
Phil, of course You are RIGHT. My fault, sorry. Now I know how to operate certain Tesla functions - still a lot to learn. Thanks !!!! SL

• Love
Reactions: DaveWaterloo