Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we access location history?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Home - evMote - Get the most out of your Tesla is a great site that will keep track of all trip info after you login with your Tesla login; Along with other features, you can view the 10 most recent trips free and all trips if you subscribe for a few bucks a month. For each trip it will show a map of the route connecting start and end point, time, mileage, energy usage, highest speed etc.

If one logs into that site using their Tesla account credentials isn't that a huge security concern? If that site were to get hacked others could control aspects of your car. And I have no way of assessing the quality of that site's security.

Is this not a concern for you?

If one logs into that site using their Tesla account credentials isn't that a huge security concern? If that site were to get hacked others could control aspects of your car. And I have no way of assessing the quality of that site's security.

Is this not a concern for you?

See details here: EVmote App - Page 2

Basically he uses your creds to broker a 90 day token which is used by the API to query data from the cloud end point, on the DB he only keeps the email but not the password.

Thanks for the additional info but I'm just too conservative to be comfortable giving a 3rd party access to my Tesla data like this.

Well if you have an always-connected computer, you can do your own data acquisition and viz using something such as teslams:

TeslaMS tools for telemetry data visualization

Or VisibleTesla:

VisibleTesla

Or roll your own.

Basically, you either do the data acquisition yourself or trust someone with API access to do it for you as a (free or paid) service.

Reactions: t-mo