Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we make an Official Photos thread or sub-forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bump, would like to see more white ones

55FD1BFE-323D-4477-ABCD-F0A835D32621.jpeg

9E5A9298-0448-4C5E-94C8-8AF347B0E2B7.jpeg

More and more I see the white ones, the more I like it over my all-time favorite black. Something about that stormtrooper look I guess! Rumor has it that the white paint is noticed more, which is great for traffic, but bad for speed traps.

I checked in to see some pics of white ones, and sure enough I see one with mismatched doors. sigh.

I really like MSM now. I ordered white thinking the black/white color scheme was great, and it is free! bonus!

But I'm seeing too many with mismatched doors and splotchy paint.

I can't change my order online anymore, so if I do decide to switch colors I guess I need to contact someone over chat during business hours?

I checked in to see some pics of white ones, and sure enough I see one with mismatched doors. sigh.

I really like MSM now. I ordered white thinking the black/white color scheme was great, and it is free! bonus!

But I'm seeing too many with mismatched doors and splotchy paint.

I can't change my order online anymore, so if I do decide to switch colors I guess I need to contact someone over chat during business hours?
Yes, just tell them what you want, updates on the website within 48 hours. If not, get back with them, first guy dropped the ball when I did it.

• Informative
Reactions: raggedy
Is there significant range loss driving without the Gemini wheel covers?
Sorry I didn’t see this posted before, seems to get better wh/mi without the hubcaps, this was also confirmed on one of the YouTube videos. Took it to Las Vegas and found this to be true. San Diego to Yermo which is the first leg was 275 wh/mi @ 70/75 mph.

I have not done the Vegas run yet with the new wheels to compare with the OEM Gemini’s. Covid hit Vegas hard this week so we had to cancel this trip.

Fred

Last edited:
haha which panels are commonly mismatched? So I know where to look when I do my delivery

many white MYs have been shown with mismatched doors to fenders. In fact, not even the doors are matching each other, so it's been evident that Tesla is painting the doors separate from the unibody and fenders. In addition to mismatched shades of white, there have been some white MYs with splotchy paint on the doors. The splotches show up as uneven paint, with areas where the paint appears to be thinner than other areas. I saw one in person and didn't have the heart to point it out to the owner (an acquaintance who admitted he's not very detail oriented when it comes to cars).