Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you add Wiper Control to the cards on Tesla display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What sensor is used to trigger the wipers? If it’s Vision, I’m surprised they aren’t triggered sooner as my windshield has to be pretty hard to see through before they go off.
The camera at the top of the windshield. That's why the wipers will randomly turn on when it's completely dry, if the camera detects dirt on the windshield in front of it.

Lies. :) I just survived the 1,000 year storm in San Diego and my 23 ModelY's auto wipers still failed miserably. 4" in 6 hours and I still had times where they didn't trigger.
And just because it's cool (uhh, stupid), check out this Tesla in boat mode in downtown San Diego during the floods Monday....
https://x.com/abc7newsbayarea/status/1750360165101297712?s=20 (note: his auto wipers were working far better than mine...)
Should be a No Wake zone I think!

The camera at the top of the windshield. That's why the wipers will randomly turn on when it's completely dry, if the camera detects dirt on the windshield in front of it.
HW4 must be pretty good in that case because the camera can see out that windshield long after I find the view way too blurred by the rain (of which we have had tons lately since I got this car)

I realized something the other day. I typically do one light push of the wiper stalk then tap from there. I noticed there was a tiny arrow at the side.

You can adjust wiper speeds without touching the screen at all. Light push of the wiper stalk brings up the menu, then you can toggle the left thumb wheel left or right to adjust speed as needed.

Just another option... It was both easier and more annoying haha.
Easier when manually controlling speeds to speed up or slow down a notch. I found it easier to tap the screen to turn them off when going into autopilot, as autopilot puts them on auto and it's 3 or 4 taps to the left to turn them off if you don't want them on.

I'm anxiously awaiting my S3XY knob :)

• Informative
Reactions: mborkow