Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you add Wiper Control to the cards on Tesla display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, is there a way to get the wiper controls to stay in the lower left section of the display?

Hopefully without having to press the button on the left stalk and being able to change the setting in the 2-5 seconds the image pops up.

Was hoping to scroll from music, mileage, tire pressure and hopefully add wiper control here as well.

Hello, is there a way to get the wiper controls to stay in the lower left section of the display?

Hopefully without having to press the button on the left stalk and being able to change the setting in the 2-5 seconds the image pops up.

Was hoping to scroll from music, mileage, tire pressure and hopefully add wiper control here as well.

As jjrandorin said, it's not possible to have the wiper controls stay in a card.

However, you can use the left scroll wheel to make a selection when the controls are on the screen. When you press the left stalk button, the wipers will activate and the controls come up on the screen. While the controls are visible, press left or right on the left scroll button to choose a different wiper speed. This eliminates the need to look at the screen to try to touch the speed button you want.

Or, you can change the action of the left scroll wheel when pressed to automatically bring up the wiper controls. In your car's settings, go to Display, then in the "Scroll Wheel Function" section, choose Wiper Speed. After this, you can just press the scroll wheel to bring up the controls on the screen, then press right or left to change the wiper speed.

Or, you could use voice controls to change the wiper speed (I haven't found voice controls to be great but it's still a viable option).

Reactions: MidnightRider
Or, you could use voice controls to change the wiper speed (I haven't found voice controls to be great but it's still a viable option).

I was wondering this today about the cards while driving through a snowstorm, but realized the voice control was easier and you can set the speed. Amazing the Auto did squat while autopilot was engaged, but it kept it in the lane or snow tracks LOL

One trick I discovered a couple days ago...

Long press the left scroll wheel, and various options will popup where the cards usually show. Wiper blades speeds is one of them. Go to it, and you can have that as the default action for a long press. Once active, scroll up and down to cycle from off, from 1~3 and auto.

Added benefit that it doesn't activate another wiper action like the left stalk button and us much faster to select than the left to right clicking of the button.

One trick I discovered a couple days ago...

Long press the left scroll wheel, and various options will popup where the cards usually show. Wiper blades speeds is one of them. Go to it, and you can have that as the default action for a long press. Once active, scroll up and down to cycle from off, from 1~3 and auto.

Added benefit that it doesn't activate another wiper action like the left stalk button and us much faster to select than the left to right clicking of the button.
You can set the long press function of the left scroll wheel in settings to be a dedicated function from that menu as well…I’m slowly making my way through the UI. I wish there was an iPad app that mirrored the in car experience so I could discover more of the UI in my home.

You can set the long press function of the left scroll wheel in settings to be a dedicated function from that menu as well…I’m slowly making my way through the UI. I wish there was an iPad app that mirrored the in car experience so I could discover more of the UI in my home.
You can access the owners manual on your iPad and sit in the car, nice and toasty, and go through everything. :cool: This 'trick' is explained well there.

You can access the owners manual on your iPad and sit in the car, nice and toasty, and go through everything. :cool: This 'trick' is explained well there.
The owners manual isn’t as much fun as just using the software and I don’t really have time to sit in my car unless I’m going somewhere. Tesla should make an iPad app that simulates the touchscreen of the car. It wouldn’t be that much work…and would let owners get more comfortable with the touchscreen controls from their living rooms. Tesla reached out to me about working for their software department but I declined. Now I sorta wish I had explored that a little more!

You can also add a Wiper button to the bottom of the display. I did that for my wife's profile and she loves it.
you drag and drop it from the list of apps after hitting the ...
then i use the wiper icon on the bottom left of the screen or left stock push in and then set the speed
but to be honest with the latest code, i leave the wipers on auto all of the time now and works perfectly
sorry nay sayers

The owners manual isn’t as much fun as just using the software and I don’t really have time to sit in my car unless I’m going somewhere. Tesla should make an iPad app that simulates the touchscreen of the car. It wouldn’t be that much work…and would let owners get more comfortable with the touchscreen controls from their living rooms. Tesla reached out to me about working for their software department but I declined. Now I sorta wish I had explored that a little more!
Wait, you don't have time to sit in the car, but you have the time to sit around at home with an iPad app? 🤔 Frankly, I'd rather they focus their time on fixing things like the auto wipers instead of messing around with an app that mimics everything you can do in the car.

• Funny
Reactions: sdbonez
Wait, you don't have time to sit in the car, but you have the time to sit around at home with an iPad app? 🤔 Frankly, I'd rather they focus their time on fixing things like the auto wipers instead of messing around with an app that mimics everything you can do in the car.
I’m a native iOS architect. I’m paid to sit around and play with the iPad; do what you love and you never have to work again…

Count me among those who have the wipers on the bottom bar. I did have it on the long press scroll button, but keeping the wipers in "Auto" works well and now the scroll button changes the fan speed instead. Rain is rare here but slush from the road isn't, so the tap on the stalk end is the most useful

...but keeping the wipers in "Auto" works well and now...

Lies. :) I just survived the 1,000 year storm in San Diego and my 23 ModelY's auto wipers still failed miserably. 4" in 6 hours and I still had times where they didn't trigger.
And just because it's cool (uhh, stupid), check out this Tesla in boat mode in downtown San Diego during the floods Monday....
https://x.com/abc7newsbayarea/status/1750360165101297712?s=20 (note: his auto wipers were working far better than mine...)

Last edited: