Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you keep the 12V outlets on when the car is off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post a copy of the diagram... I thought the jump posts were eliminated after 2016:cool:
"18" connects the post to 12V battery positive terminal (they call this "B+" which connects to all fuses". "17" connects to the DCDC converter and the terminal that connects to "B+" through F1 (MEGA-250A fuse). Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 12V_Battery_and_Fuses.png
    12V_Battery_and_Fuses.png
    383.4 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
"18" connects the post to 12V battery positive terminal (they call this "B+" which connects to all fuses". "17" connects to the DCDC converter and the terminal that connects to "B+" through F1 (MEGA-250A fuse). Hope this helps.

Got it, thanks... the jumpost cable 18 on the battery fuse block. Be careful to use an inline fuse when running an inverter in this area. :cool:

12v_battery_and_fuses-png.357034

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Hi Mattack4000,

I would say not really hard, just a pain in the ... neck.
I got into the one on my left hand drive X down by my right ankle when I was looking for trailer brake
problems.
With some fusions in my neck and being underneath the steering wheel and crowded by the seat
it can be tight down there...

Shawn

Yes, the 12v sockets & USB ports remain powered when the car is locked. You may need Sentry Mode to be activated
In my experience they do not remain powered in my 2017 X with Sentry Mode off. I don’t use Sentry Mode at home because my car is parked a few feet from my front door and I regularly walk past it and don’t want it alerting.