Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you order Stealth Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're close, but the original Performance was 3.5s to 60 then later improved to 3.2s.

This isn't quite correct.

Tesla kinda lies is the problem....they just forgot to do so at first.

Traditionally Tesla uses a different way to measure 0-60 for their Ps than everything else. A deceptive practice nobody else in the industry does.

When the Model 3 P first came out- they apparently forgot to be dishonest and actually used the SAME measurement for all trims.

So at that time it was 3.5 for the P, and 4.5 for the AWD.

Then a few months later they went back to being dishonest like they always have been on the S/X...and the P magically dropped to 3.3 on the website without actually changing anything because they began using the 1-foot rollout measurement for the P but KEPT listing the NON rollout measurement for non-P cars. (again like they have always done on the P version of S/X)

It was never 3.9 though.

Anyway, then the first 5% update came out the listed P number dropped to 3.2... and AWD began being listed as 4.4...even though if you actually use the SAME measurement as the P the AWD was actually doing 4.0 (as confirmed by car mags and owners repeatedly).

The second 5% update Tesla didn't update their published numbers- but we know again from real world testing that the actual numbers for both were:

P: ~3.0 flat
AWD: ~3.9

This new acceleration update appears to drop that to about 3.5 (again measured with rollout like the P)

• Helpful
Reactions: DanCar and M3FNATIK
You're close, but the original Performance was 3.5s to 60 then later improved to 3.2s. I believe people have gotten 3.0 with the latest software. Not bad from just software optimization.

Source: https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-3-performance-variant-to-hit-60-mph-in-3-5-seconds/

Honestly, 0-60 in 3 seconds is tremendous vs 3.9 seconds. I mean, that is the difference right now between my wife's Stealth and my BMW F80 M3 and I'm starting to feel like my BMW is slow hahah. The difference is my family didn't really complain about the acceleration in my BMW M3 but enjoyed how fast it was. In the Stealth, they flat out bitch at me if I don't tell them I'm going to accelerate hard. They say it makes them nauseous and slams their head into the seat. Its like brute force.

But back on topic, for a current owner to get their LR AWD to be as fast as a BMW M3 for only 2k, well, that is a freaking steal. I paid north of 80k to get that privilege hahaha
Got it. OK, not *quite* as close to a P upgrade from AWD as I thought. But still a 12% boost in acceleration for your "aging" AWD. :)

I'm right there with you on the family vs full acceleration. Everybody else hates it. I still giggle.