Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going through MS inspection and it has Pirelli P Zero tires all around (285/45/19 on the rear). I believe these are summer tires not all season although the SA seems to think they’re all season (couldn’t see it noted anywhere on the tire and tread feels shallow like a summer tire). I’m in Ontario and this is a problem in winter weather. Tesla is saying that’s what comes from the factory! I’m getting winters put on in a week but would prefer all season to summer tires.

A bit disappointed about this. Other than that, fit, finish of the car seems great. Some cosmetic blemishes on the seats and armrest that they will clean, passenger door doesn’t close unless some force applied (they’re adjusting) and found a speck of dust inside the screen behind the yoke (might be a dead pixel). They will address this as well.

Just need to get the tires sorted out.

Some pics, it’s a beauty!
5D58CC6F-4CEE-4F48-A2CE-672BAF02F81E.jpeg
C43D1682-DC9C-4A49-A05B-D5214E74A324.jpeg
CEEF5D6C-D418-4F77-A7B0-9F8AFE1B424E.jpeg
4A1A8A50-F558-4ACD-8102-C55C2510EA7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitjockey
Going through MS inspection and it has Pirelli P Zero tires all around (285/45/19 on the rear). I believe these are summer tires not all season although the SA seems to think they’re all season (couldn’t see it noted anywhere on the tire and tread feels shallow like a summer tire). I’m in Ontario and this is a problem in winter weather. Tesla is saying that’s what comes from the factory! I’m getting winters put on in a week but would prefer all season to summer tires.

A bit disappointed about this. Other than that, fit, finish of the car seems great. Some cosmetic blemishes on the seats and armrest that they will clean, passenger door doesn’t close unless some force applied (they’re adjusting) and found a speck of dust inside the screen behind the yoke (might be a dead pixel). They will address this as well.

Just need to get the tires sorted out.

Some pics, it’s a beauty!View attachment 768534View attachment 768536View attachment 768537View attachment 768538
Long range or Plaid? Interesting, my LR was yesterday delivered in Edmonton on the continental all seasons, they said they are standard now. I could see plaids getting the summers though?

Long range or Plaid? Interesting, my LR was yesterday delivered in Edmonton on the continental all seasons, they said they are standard now. I could see plaids getting the summers though?
LR as well which makes it so weird. Good to know about your tires, I’ll let the manager know before I leave here today. Given that I’m getting winter tires, not too upset at summers for the warmer weather but I know they’ll wear out fast and…it’s just silly to be honest to be delivering summer tires in the dead of winter.

My Plaid was delivered last November with the P Zeroes, thankfully I ordered PA4 winter tires months earlier and mounted them on the stock 19" rims.

If anyone wants to sell their stock 19" rims, please PM me. I'm exploring summer rim solutions but haven't found anything that appeals to me yet.

Long shot but figured I’d try, please contact me if you have a Model S LR reservation with delivery scheduled before end of March. I’d like to take delivery before March 31st and am willing to provide reasonable compensation for reservation/swap. I have a LR coming early May so if you are someone who wants to delay delivery we can swap reservations (confirmed with advisor). Thanks!

I am hoping for that too, but the bill still will need to be passed so hopefully it gets pushed back
According to the Canadian X thread it depends on your order date. Orders pre-2022 should be exempt regardless of delivery date. I almost took delivery of an S but still holding out for the X.

This has made me less anxious for delivery…

Source (TMC/Dr Gez):
latest copy of the bill has removed April reference

F0363BF8-8219-4E3D-9FC0-25D5F98C62D4.png

Last edited:
According to the Canadian X thread it depends on your order date. Orders pre-2022 should be exempt regardless of delivery date. I almost took delivery of an S but still holding out for the X.

This has made me less anxious for delivery…

Source (TMC/Dr Gez):
latest copy of the bill has removed April reference

View attachment 810628

Almost as in they offered you an S? Or you ordered both

Sooo... They plan to retroactively charge the lux tax to people who have already taken delivery? I wonder how they plan to implement that...

I personally put my order in for my MSLR in July 2021, and took delivery Feb 2022. They'd better consider my order in July as a written contract.

Then again, back to my original question, how are they even going to enforce it?

Edit: OK, I think I understand the jist of the legalize. You'll only be on the hook to pay lux tax if you take delivery after 1 Sept, unless you had a written contract before 1 Jan 2022. So assuming they pass this bill before 1 Sept, there won't be any retroactive clawing back.

Sooo... They plan to retroactively charge the lux tax to people who have already taken delivery? I wonder how they plan to implement that...

I personally put my order in for my MSLR in July 2021, and took delivery Feb 2022. They'd better consider my order in July as a written contract.

Then again, back to my original question, how are they even going to enforce it?

Edit: OK, I think I understand the jist of the legalize. You'll only be on the hook to pay lux tax if you take delivery after 1 Sept, unless you had a written contract before 1 Jan 2022. So assuming they pass this bill before 1 Sept, there won't be any retroactive clawing back.
Yeah, and the final purchase agreement references order date, so that should cover 2021 orders.

One person reported updating a color causing their order date to update to 2022…tesla would not backdate the order date.

Reactions: sandman1330