Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the rate will be locked in for 30 days, and the approval valid for 60. If I need to renew it, it'll be a soft check, so I decided to roll the bones and do the application. If this EDD is finally correct, I'll have the rate locked in. Otherwise, it'll be a soft check and a new rate, but no hard check again.

Anyway, immediately approved with BMO for 2.9%. $130,000 with $50,000 down, 60 months. Too bad, my original approval back in July was 2.4%...
D’oh! I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread… It was supposed to go into the financing thread.

Finally seeing a VIN here as well, NF469 and delivery down to a 1 week window of Feb 10-17. Pumped! After waiting since June, hard to believe this might finally happen. Avoiding the dreaded lux tax would be sweet.

What pre-delivery items can I take care of in the mean time:
- arrange insurance with a vin?
- re-do credit app for a new financing rate (how do I trigger this?)
- arrange appointment for winter wheels, PPF, tint
- anything else to make delivery as smooth as possible?

Reactions: Proppilot
Just went down to a 1 week window - 5 Feb - 12 Feb, with the car now showing as a "2022 Model S"

And.... a VIN in the source code! Very very high NF469 (almost NF470).

Should see an official VIN and delivery soonish now I think...
You are golden. It will happen fast now. My VIN did not even appear in my profile until a day before delivery. Until then, I was only seeing it in the source code and used that to get my insurance. Exciting ! I love seeing other Canucks getting their rockets :cool:

Finally seeing a VIN here as well, NF469 and delivery down to a 1 week window of Feb 10-17. Pumped! After waiting since June, hard to believe this might finally happen. Avoiding the dreaded lux tax would be sweet.

for sure use the VIN you see and get your insurance and set up your wheels, PPF and tint. There are delivery checklists in some of the forums that you may want to take with you for delivery. One thing to check for. Get on your back and look under the front air dam to see if they deeply scratched it loading or unloading from the truck transport. I found mine after I had PPF done and they were willing to order and replace the air dam but I decided to live with the scratches. They are invisible but for the money ....... Expect that it may take some weeks even before you get your first software update. There does not seem to be a pattern to who gets them and when. I think Canadian cars get them sooner as there have been heat pump issues with the extreme cold and they are tweaking the controls via SW updates. At -15C there is tons of cabin heat but the heat pump sounds like it is going to explode.... makes the car louder than a POS ICE car .... not sure how do redo the credit app but I would call Tesla to trigger that.

Reactions: auto

I redid my credit app earlier this week when they were talking about raising prime rates (wanted to lock in a lower rate if they did raise them).

All you need to do is talk to your SA (or any SA at your delivery center), they will trigger it in their system then you can go online into your account and do the process again.

Reactions: auto
I pulled mine off the day after I got the car and put my own on. Only advantage is HOV lanes and I use them all the time (yes, I am breaking bad) with the blue plate. The car is a full BEV and fully entitled to be in that lane. I would be shocked (and accept) to actually get ticketed if pulled over when the car is a Tesla and every PO knows it is electric. The entire rebate/grant thing is a joke with the new Hyundai Kona's on the list for infrastructure grants but not a Tesla on it. Just does not make sense. Is the car electric or not ? What ? The cost of the car affects if you should get a green energy grant even though the car is electric ? My 2c

Has anyone else been told their insurance will incur an extremely high deductible for collision? I just gave my VIN to insurance, and despite having checked on this before putting in the order (and not being told about this), they surprised me by telling me my deductible for collision will be $5000! I'm currently on a $500 deductible.

My premium is going to be very low due to good driving history (even lower than my current Golf R), but they say there's no way around the $5000 deductible, even if I switch companies.

Anyone else see this? I'm currently with Intact...

Has anyone else been told their insurance will incur an extremely high deductible for collision? I just gave my VIN to insurance, and despite having checked on this before putting in the order (and not being told about this), they surprised me by telling me my deductible for collision will be $5000! I'm currently on a $500 deductible.

My premium is going to be very low due to good driving history (even lower than my current Golf R), but they say there's no way around the $5000 deductible, even if I switch companies.

Anyone else see this? I'm currently with Intact...
I’m with TD insurance and they were fine with a $500 deductible. I called them with my vin and was quoted $2200/yr ($180/mo). Of course this is a function of where you live, driving history etc.
I am paying $ 1,389 year with $ 2,500 deductible. This is with CAA. I could have went with a lower deductible at a higher premium.
Thanks for sharing. On a whim I tried the CAA online quote and got $1400/yr, considerable savings over the TD quote…the only difference is it’s a $2500 deductible vs $500 with TD.

I’m with Allstate and also told that minimum deductibles for cars over $100k is $5k.

My premium (granted Im not married yet) is $2.3k in Ontario, bundled with a house and other car. Drooling over the $1.1k premium.
I dropped Allstate home and two cars as they had quoted $1,300 for months and when I got my VIN and went back to underwrite the car it went up $1,000 dollars immediately. We have been with them for 15 years and zero claims. It was outrageous and they had zero issues with losing our business. They clearly don’t want to underwrite expensive cars.

for sure use the VIN you see and get your insurance and set up your wheels, PPF and tint. There are delivery checklists in some of the forums that you may want to take with you for delivery. One thing to check for. Get on your back and look under the front air dam to see if they deeply scratched it loading or unloading from the truck transport. I found mine after I had PPF done and they were willing to order and replace the air dam but I decided to live with the scratches. They are invisible but for the money ....... Expect that it may take some weeks even before you get your first software update. There does not seem to be a pattern to who gets them and when. I think Canadian cars get them sooner as there have been heat pump issues with the extreme cold and they are tweaking the controls via SW updates. At -15C there is tons of cabin heat but the heat pump sounds like it is going to explode.... makes the car louder than a POS ICE car .... not sure how do redo the credit app but I would call Tesla to trigger that.
Thanks for the tips.

I’ve been following the heat pump saga and this cold weather in Ontario has me a bit concerned, losing heat in this weather would not be fun. Did you ever experience loss of heat issue as some owners reported and do you believe the SW update has addressed this? I read somewhere it may eventually require a hardware fix.

Thanks for the tips.

I’ve been following the heat pump saga and this cold weather in Ontario has me a bit concerned, losing heat in this weather would not be fun. Did you ever experience loss of heat issue as some owners reported and do you believe the SW update has addressed this? I read somewhere it may eventually require a hardware fix.
No failures. I have been down to -18C so far and tons of heat both in preheat and driving. I do believe the SW resolved this.

I dropped Allstate home and two cars as they had quoted $1,300 for months and when I got my VIN and went back to underwrite the car it went up $1,000 dollars immediately. We have been with them for 15 years and zero claims. It was outrageous and they had zero issues with losing our business. They clearly don’t want to underwrite expensive cars.
Yea I’ve been Allstate ever since I started driving 10+ years ago, and no claims either. Getting their customer service was hell too… the agent I used to work with had the audacity to tell me he only works on new customers (I was switching to the tesla) and forced me to call their central customer service.

Just such a pain to move all the insurance as my house and car aren’t aligned, but yea Allstate sucks