Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I see some makes are already on the list for 2022 models, but not Tesla.

Strange, yes, a hassle to switch, maybe worth it for HOV lane access.
Just saw this. I'm surprised the 2022s haven't been included - even Rivian and Lucid have it! It should be a rubber stamp for BEVs considering they're giving it to PHEVs. I'm also curious why some vehicles on the list are put as "EV" instead of "BEV" (Ford, Porsche, VW and others) unless they're dropping the "B" for simplicity's sake.

Reactions: Bitjockey
The new headlight and taillights were displayed at an event recently in Taiwan. I have not seen anyone on the board actually confirm they have received the new configuration but it appears that it is transitioning into production now. If you are getting delivery in 2 weeks I think it is a coin toss but maybe not impossible. Have you checked in your web code in your browser to see if your vin is there ? Mine was embedded in the javascript for my Tesla portal for a couple of weeks before I got the magical call. Lots of postings or Google to see how that is done. Easey pesey and at least you can get your insurance company in play. Congratulations on the upcoming delivery :) I have just under 10,000 kM on my LR and love it.

Reactions: Bobchahal
I wonder if the new tail lights and charging port enlargement is simply to make something universal so that the rather large CCS2 European standard can be installed on all Model S units without needing an adapter similar the the way they did for the Model 3 and Y. Would make sense if this was implemented to all Model S vehicles as opposed to needing different parts depending on country.

I wonder if the new tail lights and charging port enlargement is simply to make something universal so that the rather large CCS2 European standard can be installed on all Model S units without needing an adapter similar the the way they did for the Model 3 and Y. Would make sense if this was implemented to all Model S vehicles as opposed to needing different parts depending on country.
It is for the Euro CCS standard that they're doing it. The Superchargers in Europe are already equipped with that standard. Asking to do it in North America might eventually happen, but unless Tesla sells their cars with the proper adapters to fit to existing Supercharger plugs it's not going to happen here any time soon.

The new headlight and taillights were displayed at an event recently in Taiwan. I have not seen anyone on the board actually confirm they have received the new configuration but it appears that it is transitioning into production now. If you are getting delivery in 2 weeks I think it is a coin toss but maybe not impossible. Have you checked in your web code in your browser to see if your vin is there ? Mine was embedded in the javascript for my Tesla portal for a couple of weeks before I got the magical call. Lots of postings or Google to see how that is done. Easey pesey and at least you can get your insurance company in play. Congratulations on the upcoming delivery :) I have just under 10,000 kM on my LR and love it.
No VIN in the source code pages yet…… I hope mine gets delayed another couple of weeks and get the new rear lights! 🙏

No VIN in the source code pages yet…… I hope mine gets delayed another couple of weeks and get the new rear lights! 🙏
Personally, the new rear lights (to me) just make the S look like a 3. This is my first Tesla and I love the rear design. The headlights are another story. I think they are adequate right now but the LED matrix technology with beam forming in the new headlights is something to desire. Down the road I would pay real money to retrofit my car with those. I can easily tell a 3/Y that has the new headlight technology when they are coming towards or behind me. Super intense light pattern yet carved out so it is not in your eyes.

Woke up to a 2 week window for the first time today!

January 31 - February 14.

No VIN in the source code yet. If I'm lucky and all our hopes are true, I may get one of the first with the new headlights. I spend alot of time on country roads so this would be a huge boon.
So it looks like a few of us are getting close. My order page updated with the same two week date range. My order date was June 25 (LR, black with cream interior, 19” wheels). Would be great to get the new lights but at this stage just thrilled to be getting the car!

The only confusing thing for me is the wheel and tire size. I ordered winter tires but hearing conflicting info if the wheels are 19x8.5 (like the 21 model S) or 19x9.5 which the Plaid takes. My service advisor said 19x10 which my tire store said isn’t correct. Also ordered 245/45/19 but being told I need 255/45/19. At this stage it’ll just be easier to take the car to the tire store and test the different sizes to see what fits correctly. Anyone know for sure?

Any good window tint referrals? I’m in Oakville so GTA west end would be great.

On both the Plaid and LR, the wheels are staggered. 19x9.5 in front, 19x10.5 in back.

In my research for winter tires, I THINK you can get away with 19x8.5 in 35mm offset for both front and back - this "square" setup will allow you to rotate the tires. The rear tires will be sucked into the fender a little bit more than usual, but it's supposed to look OK. There's one member on here who has done it I believe.

Here's a shot from the manual:

1642798121134.png

I am running Michelin X-Ice Snows on Replika 241 rims that are 245/45/19 which is the right size in a square setup. I have 10,000 kM on my LR now and most of them on this setup vs the 19" Tempests AS that it came with. I had the PPF and tint done by the Guelph Detailing Company (I live in Cambridge) and they did a fantastic job. Also, if you are not tracking, Tesla just released FRONT mud flaps. You will want them and I highly recommend. For us first wave recipients back in September, we have various non-OEM configurations and they make a huge difference. I am excited for all of my fellow Canadians. I received the first LR delivered in Ontario back in September (Plaids came a couple weeks later) and love the car. It is a tractor in the snow. Enjoy !

• Informative
Reactions: sandman1330
I am running Michelin X-Ice Snows on Replika 241 rims that are 245/45/19 which is the right size in a square setup. I have 10,000 kM on my LR now and most of them on this setup vs the 19" Tempests AS that it came with. I had the PPF and tint done by the Guelph Detailing Company (I live in Cambridge) and they did a fantastic job. Also, if you are not tracking, Tesla just released FRONT mud flaps. You will want them and I highly recommend. For us first wave recipients back in September, we have various non-OEM configurations and they make a huge difference. I am excited for all of my fellow Canadians. I received the first LR delivered in Ontario back in September (Plaids came a couple weeks later) and love the car. It is a tractor in the snow. Enjoy !

So Replika 241 on PMCTire look like 8.5" x 35mm offset. I'm assuming that's what you have, in a square setup? That's perfect IMO. Any wider than 8.5" for winter tires and the cost goes up, and I believe you actually get worse traction (snowshoe / ski effect)

On both the Plaid and LR, the wheels are staggered. 19x9.5 in front, 19x10.5 in back.

In my research for winter tires, I THINK you can get away with 19x8.5 in 35mm offset for both front and back - this "square" setup will allow you to rotate the tires. The rear tires will be sucked into the fender a little bit more than usual, but it's supposed to look OK. There's one member on here who has done it I believe.

Here's a shot from the manual:

View attachment 758550
Yes, it will work perfectly. My Replika 241's are 19x8.5 with 35mm offset all around (5x120 bolt pattern). It does not look strange in any way on the rears and looks great.

Reactions: sandman1330
So Replika 241 on PMCTire look like 8.5" x 35mm offset. I'm assuming that's what you have, in a square setup? That's perfect IMO. Any wider than 8.5" for winter tires and the cost goes up, and I believe you actually get worse traction (snowshoe / ski effect)
That is the exact setup and I got from PMCTire in a square setup. They sell the Tesla BT TPMS sensors and will balance, install and ship for free. I went back and forth a TON to ensure it was A-OK and the setup has been excellent.

That is the exact setup and I got from PMCTire in a square setup. They sell the Tesla BT TPMS sensors and will balance, install and ship for free. I went back and forth a TON to ensure it was A-OK and the setup has been excellent.

Awesome, thanks! I'm looking at a similar setup from PMC, 19x8.5 @35mm, but Touren rims (Touren - TR79 Wheels - Black - 19" x 8.5", 5 x 120, 72.56 mm, 35 mm - PMCtire Canada) as they're a bit cheaper. It's also great to know their TPMS sensors work too - that was another question I had. You've solved all of my back and forth!

Cheers!

Edit: All ready to order the tires.... if only I had a car to put them on!

Last edited:
I am running Michelin X-Ice Snows on Replika 241 rims that are 245/45/19 which is the right size in a square setup. I have 10,000 kM on my LR now and most of them on this setup vs the 19" Tempests AS that it came with.
Although your tire size will work, it is not the correct size. The front tires on the Model S refresh are 255/45/19 not 245/45/19.

Pre refresh Model S did have 245/45/19 so this may be where the tire dealers are getting confused and there is a lot of confusion on the web in general. The diameter is slightly off and will still work though.

See differences here. 245/45-R19 vs 255/45-R19 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

• Informative
Reactions: Proppilot
Any recommendations on
Thanks for the mud flap tip. Seems to be out of stock but have subscribed to be notified when in stock again.

Called Guelph Detailing and got a quote for $400 tinting and $1395 for full front PPF. Good prices but it’s an hour drive and will need to leave the car overnight so won’t be convenient. Looking for recommendations in Oakville or Mississauga.

Any recommendations for winter mats? Looking for the full set, front, rear, cargo, frunk. Tesla carries these for $475, also see Tesmanian carrying a whole set for $550 (incl shipping).

Any recommendations on

Thanks for the mud flap tip. Seems to be out of stock but have subscribed to be notified when in stock again.

Called Guelph Detailing and got a quote for $400 tinting and $1395 for full front PPF. Good prices but it’s an hour drive and will need to leave the car overnight so won’t be convenient. Looking for recommendations in Oakville or Mississauga.

Any recommendations for winter mats? Looking for the full set, front, rear, cargo, frunk. Tesla carries these for $475, also see Tesmanian carrying a whole set for $550 (incl shipping).
I just cancelled my Weathertech cargo mat and ordered the Tesmanian as it has folding creases in it so you can lift the cargo lid and the mat flexes with it.