Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada: Potential Paint Protection Wrap Group Buy (Xpel)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm picking up my Model X this Saturday (Oakville location) and was wondering if you could tell me where you got your car wrapped, and what the approximate time was to complete the job?

I'd like to have mine fully wrapped, and am also looking at the Opticoat Pro + application.

Thanks

I only got 1 seat-back re-wrapped (XPel) at TouchOfTint.com (in Mississauga) after Tesla replaced the seat and seat-back :confused:. They seemed reasonably priced and a reputable. My original wrap (exterior & interior) was done in London, which is much further away.

The initial wrap and OptiCoat took a couple of weeks, but I think it sat there the first week while they were doing another job. I would say about 5-7 days is about right for a complete wrap and hydrophobic coating.

Thanks! I just reached out to them for a quote.

I received a quote from SRS in Mississauga that seems reasonable. 4600 for the full wrap, and 1200 for OptiCoat Pro Plus application. They are estimating 4 days to complete the full job. They seem to have good reviews online; wondering if anyone has dealt with them?

Thanks

Does the $4,600 include seats?
z

$4600 for a complete Wrap is not a bad price, but $1200 is ridiculously high for Opticoat Plus, especially when many, like myself, feel is it a complete waste of money.

There is no guarantee that the coating will adhere to the Wrap long term, even Xpel says to reapply their sealant every year of 2.

I added nothing to my Xpel Stealth, not one stain, do cheap car washes, never need to towel dry...

But, if you have $1200 you to give away, knock yourself out

For everyone who had XPEL, what are your experiences with gas station car washes and removing bugs/stains?

I've taken my X through a car wash 3 times back to back and most of the bugs/stains still remain...not sure what to do? I'll have to admit, it did definitely get bad coming back from the cottage trip haha.

For everyone who had XPEL, what are your experiences with gas station car washes and removing bugs/stains?
At the risk of diverging from the original topic (which I'm interested in), have you tried to wash by hand, or brought your car to the shop who applied your xpel?

@wallstguy Can you share details on where you got your group buy in Toronto? Looks like we have 2 people interested already (myself included).

At the risk of diverging from the original topic (which I'm interested in), have you tried to wash by hand, or brought your car to the shop who applied your xpel?

@wallstguy Can you share details on where you got your group buy in Toronto? Looks like we have 2 people interested already (myself included).

Oh cleans fine by hand I suppose, everytime I take it over to Tesla, it comes back to me spotless, only when I go through the gas station washes do I have this issue.

The shop I got the GB through didn't want me posting their name publically due to the price (other customers who paid a higher price there may complain etc.) but feel free to PM me.

I am curious about a group purchase for the wrap from Xpel, when the real challenge is the installation of the product. Unless you DIY, I doubt any installer will apply it without providing the material, but perhaps everything is negotiable.

I have found that a reasonable installer can apply to product for about the same price as a DIY customer purchasing it from the company directly, due to the discounted pricing they receive.

Regarding car wash, I always do either a "no-touch" or "light touch" automatic wash, and keep a can of foaming glass cleaner in the frunk to pre-spray the challenging spots, sometimes needing to use a brush for the tough ones.
I especially use the glass cleaner when on a road trip, either just to wash the windows at a Gas Station (get some pretty funny looks) or for an on-the-go car wash.

I have had the Matte finish for a year on one MX, and now for several months on another, and all bug spots get removed.

For those planning on a total body wrap, consider the Matte finish "Stealth" film, especially on Midnight Silver (amazing transformation, hides the dust/dirt like no other), Black (still shows the d/d, but very cool looking), or Blue (very classy, unsure of d/d).