Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Canadian flag on mine but I was able to pick the car up in Seattle if I wanted.

Ah, that must be it. I have my web site set to USA because there's always more information on that version. It's not smart enough to pull in the icon based on your address.

Yes it did accept a postal code. Didn't have to type anything - my address was already there.

I'm in the Vancouver area and was offered pickup in Seattle -- I can't imagine that would be correct -- there would be import issues etc. I'm guessing its suggesting that based on a geographical search disregarding pesky things like borders.

I believe those of us in BC have to go for a front plate -- correct? Seems a shame to sully that nice Sig nose cone.

Exciting days. Who will be the first in Canada to take delivery??? Could be as soon as 5 days from now...

I'm in the Vancouver area and was offered pickup in Seattle -- I can't imagine that would be correct -- there would be import issues etc. I'm guessing its suggesting that based on a geographical search disregarding pesky things like borders.

I believe those of us in BC have to go for a front plate -- correct? Seems a shame to sully that nice Sig nose cone.

Exciting days. Who will be the first in Canada to take delivery??? Could be as soon as 5 days from now...

You need a front plate in BC. The template has not been updated for Canada since Autonation and Solar City are options and neither of them is available here.

You could pick up your car in Seattle with a temporary plate but it would be a hassle with customs.

Delivery window is the 15th to 31st but the email states that T will contact you a week before delivery!

Completed the delivery form (date range Dec 15-30) !:love:

Taking my Alberta car delivery in Vancouver if possible.
This may be risky, but I'd like to take the trip down the I-5 to LA.
Anyone do the trip ? Recommendations ?

Last edited:

I'll also be looking at alternate mounting solutions. This thread has some options. I have no idea how picky they are here in MB - I know they have changed the law a couple of times; currently you need front plates.

Taking my Alberta car delivery in Vancouver if possible.
Are they still charging you the ~$900 for the 'personal delivery'? Picking it up yourself in a different province doesn't strike me as very personal... ;):)
This may be risky, but I'd like to take the trip down the I-5 to LA.
Anyone do the trip ? Recommendations ?
Take the Pacific Coast Highway instead, then come back via I-5. I drove from Edmonton down to Eureka that way this summer and the drive is absolutely fantastic. There are campgrounds every 20 miles so finding power would not be a problem. The I-5 is substantially less scenic than the PCH and is nowhere near as fun.

Thank god for this forum, I just set up my delivery via the button on the site, I didn't get a call or an email (Sig #130, Toronto). I don't think there's any hope for me to get it before the 23rd and then I'm off on a cruise for a week (dammit). Oh well, probably better than being on the boat thinking only about my poor undriven Tesla waiting for me in the garage at home.

I checked the Ontario plate laws, and on a bunch of discussion forums people have said the police let them get away with a warning. Now WE are all going to be driving the hottest new car in the country... the problem won't be getting off with a warning, it'll be getting the cop to stop gawking and let you get back to driving! (I declined the front plate holder on the questionnaire).