Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So "Elontime" exists throughout the organization then!
Happy to see something in Halifax but it does seem odd that Moncton wouldn't be first given the proximity to the most population within a couple of hundred KM, but maybe the higher density population in the 'fax makes it more attractive... or they've been told something about future NS Carbon Tax plans...
I was told by Tesla Montreal in April that they would do any work within 600km give or take, so I would be out of luck in Moncton area. Even with Quebec service centre opening I’m still not within 600km. I know Audi used to rent a garage bay every quarter in Moncton to do owner maint/repairs before they opened a dealership. Maybe Tesla can rent out a bay to do the same before they open a service centre.

Somebody mentioned one time they heard Tesla thought Ottawa was overly conservative in its purchasing habits - sad. It's a matter of time. Hopefully within a year or two.

Yeah I'm not sure I buy that explanation. I think there's some "chicken versus egg" going on here. People won't buy until there's local service, and local service won't appear until more people buy. That, and they seemed to be raising the bar of how many local owners were required to support a service center.

As one of the first Tesla owners in Ottawa, I've been waiting over 8 years.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Got to think that the 300km Edmonton to Calgary and the 200 km Ottawa to Montreal is the main factor.
While it's not ideal for owners, they know that people will still buy when they can get Ranger service or make the trip in a single charge. Which is why Quebec City surprised me, although that could be related to the fact that the uptake in the area was the egg before the chicken.
The buildout cost must be tremendous for each service center and only takes away from the bottom line for a couple of quarters until the presence increases sales and starts to pay for the investment.
No wonder this company is losing Billions on the buildout, between service centers and super chargers not to mention R and D.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I was told by Tesla Montreal in April that they would do any work within 600km give or take, so I would be out of luck in Moncton area. Even with Quebec service centre opening I’m still not within 600km. I know Audi used to rent a garage bay every quarter in Moncton to do owner maint/repairs before they opened a dealership. Maybe Tesla can rent out a bay to do the same before they open a service centre.

So after much back and forth with Quebec City they informed me that the Ranger charge would be free as long as we don't need one the immediately. They seem to be planning regular trips for the Ranger. From what I've seen, they don't do the rent a bay thing anywhere with the Rangers, which I also thought was odd, Mercedes used to do that in Fredericton as well. The Rangers can do most things without a bay apparently.

So after much back and forth with Quebec City they informed me that the Ranger charge would be free as long as we don't need one the immediately. They seem to be planning regular trips for the Ranger. From what I've seen, they don't do the rent a bay thing anywhere with the Rangers, which I also thought was odd, Mercedes used to do that in Fredericton as well. The Rangers can do most things without a bay apparently.

They do the rent a bay thing in Winnipeg, at one of the autobody shops 3-4 times a year. Though that may be due to the 1400km distance to the nearest service center.

• Informative
Reactions: NoBeard
My cousin has a mechanic friend that works at Quebec service centre. Hopefully my cousin can dig some info for us

Reactions: NoBeard
The tweet from Elon
"Just reviewed Tesla’s service locations in North America & realized we have major gaps in geographic coverage! Sorry for this foolish oversight. Tesla will aim to cover all regions of NA (not just big cities) within 3 to 6 months."