Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
spoke to the CRA today. The agent told me that my case is still pending with no change since I last spoke to them 2 weeks ago. The file is waiting for final review before they send a reply back. Really frustrating and starting to wonder if I will hear back before I get my car.

Agree that we need to find a solution to get a refund if we do not hear back before we pick up the cars.
So I’m jumping into the fray. Found this forum bc Tesla delivery advisor is saying I have to pay the tax because the agreement to purchase the car will happen when they “generate the paperwork” at my delivery in a few weeks. Nevermind that my “agreement to purchase” document is dated in 2021. Such BS. So I have a great tax accountant with great contacts at CRA. He’s agreed help and call CRA on Monday Dec 5 and see what he finds out. I will also add my voice and call the hotline. Many voices make a movement… lol

Another week and another call to the CRA. Still in final approval stage with “senior” officers.

This is week 3-4 of my letter in final approval stage and no visibility into when they will actually finish their work and reply to me. The lady I spoke to told me that there is no way to escalate and that I just have to wait for as long as it takes.
Hope someone else will have better success.

• Informative
Reactions: AL Nak
Another week and another call to the CRA. Still in final approval stage with “senior” officers.

This is week 3-4 of my letter in final approval stage and no visibility into when they will actually finish their work and reply to me. The lady I spoke to told me that there is no way to escalate and that I just have to wait for as long as it takes.
Hope someone else will have better success.

I got a call back from them today and they said it was basically between me and Tesla and they would not get in the middle. It is up to Tesla to determine the purchase agreement date. If I want, I can fill out a form (somewhere on the CRA web site) to get them to make a ruling on it, but it will take months. She also said that if a refund was due, it was only payable to Tesla and no way that CRA would refund money to me, as I did not pay them. So it would be up to Tesla to request the refund, and then up to them to pay me back. So frustrating.

I got a call back from them today and they said it was basically between me and Tesla and they would not get in the middle. It is up to Tesla to determine the purchase agreement date. If I want, I can fill out a form (somewhere on the CRA web site) to get them to make a ruling on it, but it will take months. She also said that if a refund was due, it was only payable to Tesla and no way that CRA would refund money to me, as I did not pay them. So it would be up to Tesla to request the refund, and then up to them to pay me back. So frustrating.
Ugh, the absolute worst. Thanks for the update and let us know if you hear anything else.

Yup. Checked the
You can actually send them a letter (no special form required) and ask for a ruling. That’s what I did: I sent them a copy of my MVPA and requested that they rule whether it was a legit written agreement per the law.

At this stage, feeling like I would be lucky if I get a reply in the next 3 months.

Consoling myself by planning to take Tesla to small claims court if I get a favorable ruling. In Quebec the upper limit for small claims is $15k….. so we shall see.

Yup. Checked the

You can actually send them a letter (no special form required) and ask for a ruling. That’s what I did: I sent them a copy of my MVPA and requested that they rule whether it was a legit written agreement per the law.

At this stage, feeling like I would be lucky if I get a reply in the next 3 months.

Consoling myself by planning to take Tesla to small claims court if I get a favorable ruling. In Quebec the upper limit for small claims is $15k….. so we shall see.
Rather than going through lawyers and etc. Ideally the ruling comes out, we have a list of all the people that took delivery up until that point and charged. Tesla reaches out to CRA and goes through the refund process. If they do not want to do that then I would think about small claim courts.