Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelled delivery appointment, and VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if in the next few days you won't get an actual EDD. Something similar happened to others last quarter and they got their vehicles. I'm hoping that this is the case as I want you all to get your MY's!

I'm wondering if in the next few days you won't get an actual EDD. Something similar happened to others last quarter and they got their vehicles. I'm hoping that this is the case as I want you all to get your MY's!
Im hoping something similar... though im not holding my breath... but maybe the logistics team is off for the 4th holiday & a little extra PTO after the busy Q end, so they couldn't get to updating the system with the transport information so thats the reason its showing September for everyone. Once they return to work on Monday it will all be good and we will see that our cars are all happily on their way to us and we will see them within the nest 10ish days

...hey, a boy can dream right?!

I ordered the car back in May. This week is my 10th week waiting for the car. I have had VIN assigned for some time now... Delivery date got pushed a couple days...Now expecting car to be delivered this Thursday.... but I am worried after reading about your experiences with VIN disappearing and rescheduled to September.... Every time I call to ask about the car I am told it is in a different state... first it was in Tennessee, another day they said it is in Alabama.... :( I hope it makes it to Florida....

Reactions: hcdavis3
Hi everyone - first post here.

Delivery cancelled 30 minutes before delivery time.

Ordered Model Y LR on 5/18. VIN was assigned last week. completed all tasks: downpayment, insurance, etc. Delivery schedule for today 8/7 2p - 4p PT.

Got a call yesterday that my car was ready early and they could drop it off a day earlier, but unfortunately I missed the window for early drop off. Anyway we agreed to stick to original date time delivery today 8/7 2p-4p PT. So today starting 2p kids and we were like hawks waiting for the blue "robo-car", but unfortunately at 330p Tesla called with an update to the car, apparently something is wrong and will need to find another car. No VIN, or estimate. =/

Here is the original post with more details:
Thoughts? Did it really get transferred to a VIP customer or was there really something wrong with the car?

Hi everyone - first post here.

Delivery cancelled 30 minutes before delivery time.

Ordered Model Y LR on 5/18. VIN was assigned last week. completed all tasks: downpayment, insurance, etc. Delivery schedule for today 8/7 2p - 4p PT.

Got a call yesterday that my car was ready early and they could drop it off a day earlier, but unfortunately I missed the window for early drop off. Anyway we agreed to stick to original date time delivery today 8/7 2p-4p PT. So today starting 2p kids and we were like hawks waiting for the blue "robo-car", but unfortunately at 330p Tesla called with an update to the car, apparently something is wrong and will need to find another car. No VIN, or estimate. =/

Here is the original post with more details:
Thoughts? Did it really get transferred to a VIP customer or was there really something wrong with the car?
I went through 2 VINs before finally getting the car delivered on the 3rd VIN. (I've seen others that are on #4 or higher right now) First VIN couldn't be delivered before end of quarter in June, so was effectively told that it was going to someone that they could deliver to before end of quarter (confirmed someone has it now, as records show up for it on Carfax but not going to pay for the report...). Second VIN never left the factory, so was told it didn't meet quality spec (no records show up on Carfax for it). Seeing that we're not at end of quarter and you're about as close as you can be to the factory, I'd assume it would be a quality issue, but we may never know...

I went through 2 VINs before finally getting the car delivered on the 3rd VIN. (I've seen others that are on #4 or higher right now) First VIN couldn't be delivered before end of quarter in June, so was effectively told that it was going to someone that they could deliver to before end of quarter (confirmed someone has it now, as records show up for it on Carfax but not going to pay for the report...). Second VIN never left the factory, so was told it didn't meet quality spec (no records show up on Carfax for it). Seeing that we're not at end of quarter and you're about as close as you can be to the factory, I'd assume it would be a quality issue, but we may never know...
Ok, thanks for letting me know. The previous VIN had had a prefix of 242XXX. Nothing on CARFAX yet, but will keep stalking weekly until I get my own car.

Reactions: und2000