Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelling my reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My early morning day 1 Seattle reservation for SR was just pushed back from early 2018 to late 2018.

I’m beyond angry, and if sleeping on it doesn’t convince me to stay I will cancel tomorrow morning and buy an ICE SUV instead (wife’s preference).

These delays are unacceptable for the mass market.

It’s plain dishonest. No wonder Elon cannot keep staff. Plus the timing, Hey everyone look at the shiny rocket in the sky....while I delay your delivery 3 quarters or more.

My early morning day 1 Seattle reservation for SR was just pushed back from early 2018 to late 2018.

I’m beyond angry, and if sleeping on it doesn’t convince me to stay I will cancel tomorrow morning and buy an ICE SUV instead (wife’s preference).

These delays are unacceptable for the mass market.

As somebody else who is waiting for the SR, and has same timing as you, I share in your frustration. I have the distinct feeling that those of us who want SR cars are in for more heartache. My LR timing went from Dec-Feb to March-May. Patience isn't an issue, but I have to admit, my excitement with this company and car is feeling bruised.

Strangely it keeps switching my preference from SR to Dual Motor every time I visit the estimation page. Not sure what that is about.

Last edited:
Patience isn't an issue, but I have to admit, my excitement with this company and car is feeling bruised.

Yep, feeling the same. excitement is gone.

I'm sorry to hear .. I can only share that after waiting multiple years for my Model X, I was feeling somewhat the same. But once it was in my driveway, that excitement was back. And it's never left.

If you keep your reservation, I hope the same for you. :)

I’m not cancelling but I’m beyond frustrated. I listened to the conference call and I again hear Elon throw out time frames which are entirely unrealistic. For example be talked about coast to coast self driving in 3-6 months with simultaneous release to customers. Yeah, right. I appreciate his optimism and drive but he needs a lesson in the basic business principle under promise, over deliver. My window is now May-July but if you look at the ramp I have a gut feeling I won’t see it until the end of the year.