Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot access HomeLink while in Reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is still occurring randomly even with 36.11. My own workaround is to tap the vehicle on the bottom left to bring up all of the settings/controls. This appears on top of the reverse cam video feed, and then you can tap on the garage button and then just dismiss the settings/control and the reverse cam video feed is still there.
Thanks for that fix. Sometimes I need to "Skip" the close but the translucent drop-down disappears too quickly. It's annoying to close camera, bring up garage options and then select rear-view camera again. Your work-around eliminates several steps.

I still think they should simply keep the top status bar / controls active and visible at all times, with reverse camera window just below it.

I personally found it to be a hazard to have the home link menu overlaid over the rear camera view as it potentially blocks my view of pedestrians & objects when backing up.
For me this was a feature I was considering requesting. I’ll have to go see if this is now the case. If so I find it to be a substantial safety improvement. Seems like merely putting the car in park briefly will bring the menu back for those who need it somehow while backing up.

Ah, I see you are the type of person to pour milk first, and then top it off with cereal.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
What version? I'm still on 2020.36.11 and the homelink menu is still obscured by the camera.

For some reason the auto close does not always work reliably. I rarely need to skip it, but occasionally it decides to skip closing the door and without the menu visible, I only realize it has been skipped when I am out of range of the garage door opener. Then I have to pull back into my driveway, kill the backup camera, open the menu to close the door, then reactivate the camera (or just look behind me) and back out again. Agree with others that this would be a simple thing to fix if the menu was always visible and the camera window was just moved down a bit.

Reactions: 2101Guy
^ I’ve found about this homelink behavior since I park nose in and back up into my garage at different times, and have programmed the car to open going nose in first. Few times, the car skips auto close, and sometimes it doesn’t.