Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot for the life of me decide an exterior/interior combination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a black Model S, white 2020 Model 3, and now MSM 2021 Model 3.

I originally wanted go white for the 2021 Model 3 as well, but my wife convinced me to go MSM for a change-up and I absolutely love it. The MSM finish has way more character than the white, especially in the sun, and looks awesome with the 2021 black trim. The MSM has a candy-esq finish when clean and really pops- I never was able to get the pop/wow factor out of the white paint despite routine detailing.

Pic here for reference!

Attachments

• 11DA6290-7453-4546-833E-68854E6A510B.jpeg
    11DA6290-7453-4546-833E-68854E6A510B.jpeg
    540 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: JimBob 909 and GeoG

I originally wanted go white for the 2021 Model 3 as well, but my wife convinced me to go MSM for a change-up and I absolutely love it. The MSM finish has way more character than the white, especially in the sun, and looks awesome with the 2021 black trim. The MSM has a candy-esq finish when clean and really pops- I never was able to get the pop/wow factor out of the white paint despite routine detailing.

Pic here for reference!
I’m leaning towards MSM with black interior, but was wondering if it only looks good right after a wash and whether or not the color shows a lot of dirt. If it hides dirt well and is easy to clean and looks good most of the time I might lean towards that

I’m leaning towards MSM with black interior, but was wondering if it only looks good right after a wash and whether or not the color shows a lot of dirt. If it hides dirt well and is easy to clean and looks good most of the time I might lean towards that

I’ve only put 1,000 miles on the car so far, but can say that the MSM shows less dirt than the white (the white to me was pretty bad with bugs showing on the flat nose). I think the MSM looks nicer overall between washes and then just pops hard post-wash. Oh and one thing I will say too is that the MSM is much darker in person than it looks in pictures - I don’t have a problem with this, though something to keep in mind.

I also went with white interior for the 2021 - the outgoing Model 3 had the black interior and was just a bit plain to me. The white interior feels more open and airy, but I am sure this is totally subjective. I also like the contrast between the dark exterior and white interior.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
A white or black car are the two worst choices if you’re worried about keeping it clean and scratch free. If my previous car wasn’t blue I would’ve heavily considered getting blue with black interior. You don’t see as many blue tesla‘s around so that’s pretty cool also. MSM with black interior is what I got.

A white or black car are the two worst choices if you’re worried about keeping it clean and scratch free. If my previous car wasn’t blue I would’ve heavily considered getting blue with black interior. You don’t see as many blue tesla‘s around so that’s pretty cool also. MSM with black interior is what I got.
So you would say that MSM and blue would be best for keeping it clean?

Reactions: Jeremy3292
I went with white/white. I've owned a black vehicle in the past and absolutely loved it when it was clean/waxed but it was near impossible to keep clean.
I purchased a white Mazda a few years back and I was amazed by the difference it made with the heat, especially in the Florida heat.

I went with the white interior as it gives it a classy look and isn't as common as dark interiors (at least in FL).

Also, the touches of black from the chrome delete look fantastic on a white vehicle coupled with tint.

Reactions: rpiotro
OP
If you want to spend the money on exterior and interior color options Elon will love you for it.
So I lease my cars, 3 years. There is no way I am giving Tesla $1,000 and up for a color, and $1,000 for an interior optional color. Add that to the price increases over the last year and you are talking about a lot of money. I love my white/black car, does not show a lot of dirt and I enjoy detailing the car.

Blue with white interior. Obviously the best combo. ;)

Seconded.

OP. Took delivery in March 25k miles on my white seats already. Kids, dogs, camping, mud, food, it all wipes up. I"ve never regretted them a single day. I would have if I had gotten black like I planned. You should see if there's a service center near where you could see it in person that'd be the only way to really know what strikes you.

Reactions: rpiotro

Pic here for reference!
Looking sharp. Definitely has the pop/ wow factor with the MSM. 👍👍

MSM with black interior, no regrets. Like many Tesla colors, the actual color shifts wildly depending on the lighting. Black interior is likely a bit warmer but not much of an issue in Seattle or if you plan to get some tint.
When I registered my car at the DMV, the woman working there literally said to me, “Thank you for not getting white.”

DFF60957-0D46-4EAC-899F-923E32939514.jpeg