Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot Read Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I drive a P85D and recently upgraded to the second gen infotainment system (Atom processor). As a result I can no longer read the release notes and see only a blank page and an endlessly spinning dial that never accesses the page. I have tried both a soft reset and power cycle, without any luck. I am running Version 2022.24.5. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi all,

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue, yet? Don't mean to intrude on the Model S forum, but this is the only place I can find people talking about it. Ever since I had HW3 retrofit on my 2019 Model 3, I just get an endlessly spinning circle instead of release notes. I've tried:

- Multiple scroll-wheel resets
- Opening the browser before opening the release notes
- Hitting Service > Clear Browser Data

It's persisted through multiple deep sleeps and resets, and two software updates now. I'm wondering if the common denominator between our problems is having retrofits installed, if your started after an MCU retrofit and mine started after a HW3 retrofit.
No success. Super annoying.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Upvote 0
I have a 2017 90D and got the mcu upgrade in September and did the camera retrofit in October. I also stopped having release notes show up. Thru remote diagnosis they sent out the same update again because they said it did not fully install in my car. I downloaded it and same thing no released notes. The car said it is downloaded. They are now telling me the hvac sensor is not working so I need to replace that for the software to fully install. I have an appointment set up but after reading this forum I’m wondering if it is related to the camera retrofit.

Upvote 0
I have an appointment set up but after reading this forum I’m wondering if it is related to the camera retrofit.

I've got an appointment for early December as well, so I'll update this thread if they manage to fix it for me. I also think it's due to retrofits. I imagine the release notes screen works by our cars sending out their hardware configurations, and receiving back the notes that apply. Possibly during a hardware retrofit process, a feature flag is either unset, or incorrectly set, which causes the failure to render release notes.

Upvote 0
Maybe this new app feature will help:

Does anyone have firmware version 2022.40 and an iPhone with app version 4.15.0 to test?

Upvote 0
Just got my car back from the Service Center, and my release notes are back. Unfortunately the exact details of how they fixed it are fuzzy. But here's my experience and my thoughts on how they fixed it:

Day 1: The service techs claimed they did a factory reset and that the problem was fixed. However when I came to pick up the car the release notes were still just a spinning circle. I sat down with an employee in my car and showed him the problem, and explained that it all started immediately following a HW3 retrofit.

Day 2: Got my car back in full working order. Navigation favorites, bluetooth settings, wifi settings all gone, and Autopilot was recalibrating. This leads me to believe that they replaced my HW3 again. I've also read that the HW3 retrofit does include some components of the MCU, so it's possible a faulty HW3 chip is the root cause of this issue.

I don't have a full explanation of the service performed (the invoice still just says "We factory reset your car" from Day 1). But I've sent a message asked them for clarification, and I'll update this thread when I hear back. Hopefully this helps you all too.

Upvote 0