Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot set rear hatch height after replacing power struts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla replaced the failing power struts on our 2017 MS today. The hatch is too low so I tried resetting the height.

I’m physically moving the hatch to the desired height and holding the open/close button for 2 seconds but instead of the usual beep to confirm the new setting, I get nothing. Eventually I get the 2 “error” beeps and after that the hatch won’t close automatically. I have to close it manually. When I open it again, it’s still at the original height.

Has anyone had this happen? Did you figure out how to fix it? Going to try a reboot but I'm skeptical it will work.

Happened to me after the struts were replaced as well. Requires a tech using Toolbox to reset. Mobile Ranger was able to do it.
What partially worked for me while waiting for my appt was that if you raise the twilight in very small increments and then long-press the button, it would take/save the setting. You just have to do it multiple times. However, you won’t be able to get it to full-open as there is a point where you’ll get the three error beeps.