Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Can't Enable Scheduled Charging

I can't set my Model 3 to start charging at a specific time. The setting for charging based on a specified departure time works, but when I click the grey text to change to scheduled charging the option slider to enable scheduled charging and the time to start charging are both greyed out.

Am I missing something?

Software version 2021.32.21.

Thanks.

Perhaps that you can not have both scheduled charging and scheduled departure? You will need to delete any and all scheduled departure settings in order to use scheduled charging.
Yeah, I figured it out and came here to update my post.

Clicking 'switch to scheduled charging' doesn't do it. I had to click the blue 'scheduled' button and remove the scheduled departure setting. After that I could enable scheduled charging and the start time.

Thanks.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Yeah, I figured it out and came here to update my post.

Clicking 'switch to scheduled charging' doesn't do it. I had to click the blue 'scheduled' button and remove the scheduled departure setting. After that I could enable scheduled charging and the start time.

Thanks.

NP (and thank you very much for circling back and providing / confirming the solution. Many times, people post a question, figure it out, and just vanish, leaving us all to wonder what actually was wrong.

Reactions: larryj

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Where is the blue scheduled button? This is definitely a bug!

As far as software settings like this goes, because tesla updates software all the time, an older thread about software many times is not valid.

I would suggest looking for threads on this feature that are newer than any time in 2021, since there was a big software / firmware update in the end of 2021.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC