Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get Auto Lane change to work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my car on Saturday it worked everytime I tried it then all of the sudden stopped working. In all cases that first day it wasn't showing the adjacent lane, i didn't know it was suppose to. Now it shows the adjacent lane and works 99% of the time and shows the adjacent lane. I am guessing a calibration period.

Hi,

Auto lane change to the left lane suddenly stopped working (I can still do the auto lane change to the right tough). As soon as I engage the left blinker, the front left sensor starts showing non existing obstacles and the solid blue line never changes to the dashed line to start the auto lane change. See the enclosed video:

Dropbox - 2018-03-01 15.45.40.mp4

Even during a normal highway ride the front left senzor detects sometimes obstacles on the left side, even when the lane is really completely empty and the nearest possible object are the rails next to the empty left lane. Just not that often when trying to do the auto lane change. It seems to me, that the sensitivity of the senzors is increased during the auto lane change and that one of the senzors on the left side is misaligned, picking up signals from the ground? It's definitely not location related as on the same roads the change to the right works flawlesly. Any ideas?

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy