Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't "unsee" it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Unpilot

Sell order in at $5999.99
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2017
A Coast
Finally we got some warm weather so I hand washed my 2017 S100D .....yikes the small chips on the hood from ...I don't know sand/bug fats?!

I knew the car would invariably get chips and scrapes...but man it is tough to see the first ones!

Reactions: vraev
I am on my 2nd Tesla and I thought about getting that one wrapped, however my current idea is to just fix the chips as they come up.

I saw this video and the process seems realtively straight forward.

I did put on the expel film on the headlights, I figured fixing rock chips is easier that sanding headlights (It is also way cheaper).

Finally we got some warm weather so I hand washed my 2017 S100D .....yikes the small chips on the hood from ...I don't know sand/bug fats?!

I knew the car would invariably get chips and scrapes...but man it is tough to see the first ones!
When I got my car xpel wrapped it had 1500 miles and already had 5 rock chips. Now it has zero. :D And it should stay that way barring any large dent creating debris.

Reactions: kidjim25

Get a clear bra on the front half of the car!

It has saved the front of my car and the film has the scar tissue to prove it. Gonna eventually replace it and put new film at the end of the year since I do a bunch of highway driving, so the film takes more abuse than normal.

Picked up our MS and drove it 5 miles to our detail guy for our full body wrap. He had one small chip to correct just getting it there. So hard to wait yet another week to drive it until it was ready to pick up. So happy we got ours wrapped too. If we didn't love our car so much probably wouldn't care. Not cheap to do though. Went for full wrap knowing park as carefully as one tries people will brush by or open car doors with little thought. And sure enough the expensive car you intentionally parked next to will leave before you and some old clunker will pull in its spot :eek:.