Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car cover recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be getting my MYP in a few weeks and I wanted to see if anyone has picked up a car cover for their vehicle? Main reason for me is I do a lot in my garage including woodworking and what not and figured I would toss a cover on it from time to time.

I managed to find this online but i have no history with that site for their quality and what not.

I have the same question. Mine is parked in my garage. But people come-and-go through the garage all the time (not the front door), and sometime rub up against the car, walk between the 2 cars and use them as handrails, and also park cars next to mine and might open the door on it.

Would like a car cover that preferably has thick or padded sides, to prevent door dings or people rubbing up against it.

I have the Tesla outdoor cover. Really high quality and well thought out. Often park in the woods under trees that rain down debris and pitch and in all kinds of weather. It's holding up very well over the last year of use and I will buy another when it eventually wears out but seems it will be a long time before I need to think about that. Not inexpensive but a very good value and it's saved me lots of grief. Love the charge port flap as I can easily charge it with the cover in place.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
The main problem with a car cover is that the car has to be spotlessly clean prior to covering it. If not clean, the cover picks up all the fine debris off the car and becomes a big piece of sandpaper.
I've owned Covercraft covers for years, keep them on hand here in TX during hail season. Dirty car or not, I'll throw a few blankets on the car and wrap it in a cover.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
I’ve had a M3 Tesla exterior cover since 2018. It is great with soft fleece on car side and a reflective outside. Fits like a glove and will be purchasing one for a MY I’m waiting on. I’ve always washed car first. As with any cover you don’t want debris caught between surfaces and the cover. Only complaint was the storage bag zipper did not hold up. It’s impossible to re-roll a cover so perfectly to fit without stress into the storage bag!

Hello. Need some outdoor covers. One for the miata, one for nader, one for the neon. At this time, budget IS a concern. However, if a few bucks makes a huge difference, its ok. Double price maybe not. I want all weather and sun proof. What brand? Two of the three will usually be covered by shade of some fashion, but don't count on it. Primary reason is to keep sun damage, environmental fallout, and the freaking cats off.

I have a soft indoor cover for another vehicle in my garage, works great. I like them because after you clean a car and don't cover it dust builds up and then you have to clean it again, so an indoor cover really is a must, if you like a clean vehicle. I want to get one for my Model Y and at first I thought the Tesla one was too expensive until I looked at TSportline's indoor cover which is $295 on sale, while Tesla's is $230. Both have the front vent and a flap for the charge port. Any thoughts?

Hello. Need some outdoor covers. One for the miata, one for nader, one for the neon. At this time, budget IS a concern. However, if a few bucks makes a huge difference, its ok. Double price maybe not. I want all weather and sun proof. What brand? Two of the three will usually be covered by shade of some fashion, but don't count on it. Primary reason is to keep sun damage, environmental fallout, and the freaking cats off.
NADER -- Ralph Nader? I loved them, however it did use more motor oil than gasoline. (at least the one I owned)