Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Crash 6/10 [is this repairable?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
recently crashed my performance 2020 on the highway yesterday. truck driver spun out on the freeway and tried to avoid it as much as I could. Luckily no one got hurt. Insurance is taking the car to a repair shop Monday to get it looked at. You guys think this part is repairable ? New to the forums but I added some pics to look at.

Attachments

• 609309CE-51FB-4890-BCF2-B2C90C98D97E.jpeg
    609309CE-51FB-4890-BCF2-B2C90C98D97E.jpeg
    557.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 32A87F70-D9BB-4F93-8722-8273B7985E34.jpeg
    32A87F70-D9BB-4F93-8722-8273B7985E34.jpeg
    739.1 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Kat Jacks
Airbags deployed? If frame damage insurance might total the car. Worth more for parts than to fix. Look at this thread lol

Op glad you are ok.

For all the posts about "panel gaps" and "poor paint quality", one thing I have noticed is fairly common, is people coming here to this website after accidents to ask about whether the car is totaled or not.

The significant thing there, to me, is that these people are usually "fine" enough to ask about their car, even when sometimes the car looks in rough shape. Modern cars are amazing in this regard, but the model 3 seems to be exceptional at both of its core competencies, which is "driving", and "protecting the occupant in the case of an accident".

While people go down the various rabbit holes complaining about the car, its good to know that, for the main purpose it is used for, its very very good.

recently crashed my performance 2020 on the highway yesterday. truck driver spun out on the freeway and tried to avoid it as much as I could. Luckily no one got hurt. Insurance is taking the car to a repair shop Monday to get it looked at. You guys think this part is repairable ? New to the forums but I added some pics to look at.
I had a similar accident in the same area of the car minus the hood. First estimate was 20k, then upon further reveal the repair was 30k. Car hasnt been quite the same since it came back, more cabin noise, sometimes the windows dont work as they should. I'd press for a total IMO.

1623454757654.png

Op glad you are ok.

For all the posts about "panel gaps" and "poor paint quality", one thing I have noticed is fairly common, is people coming here to this website after accidents to ask about whether the car is totaled or not.

The significant thing there, to me, is that these people are usually "fine" enough to ask about their car, even when sometimes the car looks in rough shape. Modern cars are amazing in this regard, but the model 3 seems to be exceptional at both of its core competencies, which is "driving", and "protecting the occupant in the case of an accident".

While people go down the various rabbit holes complaining about the car, its good to know that, for the main purpose it is used for, its very very good.
For sure like I said above, it saved my life man, I came out without a scratch typing this.

Reactions: Carolina Karl