Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car died 1200 miles from home... ugh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apples and tree stumps. Completely different things.

With the airlines - you're not buying a Boeing - you're paying for a transportation *service*. And, being a frequent flyer, they don't always pay for hotels either. Weather, airport issues, air traffic control problems, anything aside from something 100% in their control - and you're on your own. That's why we always see B-roll footage of people sleeping on airport floors anytime there's major delays at the airports.

With a car - you're buying a hunk of metal and plastic. Tesla, BMW, Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota - none of them are responsible for getting you to wherever it is you're planning to go. That's not part of what you purchased; there's no contract of carriage.

Wholly different kettle of fish.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck when something breaks - of course it does. But the manufacturer's responsibility is to repair whatever broke, not to transport you somewhere. That's not what you bought and not in any agreement you have with them.

If my MacBook Pro breaks, I don't get to bill Apple because my client's work doesn't get done. They repair it, I grumble, we move on together.

Much better said than I dmurphy. Agree 100%

Reactions: lUtriaNt