Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting… loaner model 3 sucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i traded in my 2017 S for a 2023 M3P. Its a fun car to drive and the supercharging speeds are about 3 times faster than my old S. that being said, my next car will most likely be an S again, or X.
Interesting you say the SC is faster, maybe compared to a nerfed 85 pack… but the max I've got with this car is 141kW and I was watching it from 10% all the way to 40% and that was it's max, my S hits 140kW on the regular with the 100 pack so the speed is the same really.

You really need to admit that the car you have is a RWD with the small pack. You are aware all Model 3's aren't the same, just like they had Model S's with between 40kWh and 100kWh packs, right? You want me to judge all Model S's based on the weakest configuration?

A Model 3 with the large pack will peak at 250kW charge rate when down near 30%, way faster than my 100 pack in my X.

You really need to admit that the car you have is a RWD with the small pack. You are aware all Model 3's aren't the same, just like they had Model S's with between 40kWh and 100kWh packs, right? You want me to judge all Model S's based on the weakest configuration?

A Model 3 with the large pack will peak at 250kW charge rate when down near 30%, way faster than my 100 pack in my X.
I've gotten a 75 as a loaner before and it was more powerful than this basic 3. Power and charging speed aside why does it start preconditioning the battery for supercharging 2 damn hours before I'm supposed to arrive there. My S it doesn't do it till like 15-20 min prior. How is it wasting power for that damn long? And it was 68f outside for the drives in question.

And even if you based opinions on the S they never gave out loaners less than a 75 because that was the market lowest config they only sold a handful of 60 and even less of the 40. And that 75 got more range and faster charging than my old 85 did so your argument is invalid.

This 3 that I have is the standard range plus which equates out to trash 😂🤷‍♂️

I have a 2014 P100D model S and I got the vehicle will not start and other BMS errors yesterday so I was able to drive it to to the service center and they said it's a isolation prob and they're gonna do a full diagnostic on the lift today to find the actual issue.

Anyway they were super helpful and very nice and even gave me a loaner even though my warranty expired almost a year ago. Because I'm a tourist and am camping 1.5 hours away from the service center.

But it's a model 3 and I don't how y'all drive these things on the regular. Like I left at 90% and I'm driving 150 miles and I'm arriving at 13%. That's only like 35-40% on my car but it's damn near a full charge for this thing. Luckily there is 1 supercharger only 30 miles out of the way from where I'm going so it's not a massive detour but still I wasn't planning on using a SC at all for this trip with my car.

Also does anyone else have a problem with how UNINTUITIVE everything is with the operation of this damn car‽ FFS nothing is easy to operate and even the locks I gotta swipe the damn card to lock and unlock and turn it on what a massive PITA.

I hate to punch a gift horse in the mouth because this loaner is a thousand times better than me having to pay for a rental car and I'm super grateful for the shop to be kind enough to loan it to me, but damn I ****ing hate the model 3 the seats aren't even comfortable in thos stupid car. How do you people take this crap 😂🤔
What is the range of your 2014 at 100%? I'd bet my house and my M3 that I get a ton more range with my 2022 LR M3 than your 9 year old S.

I love the fact that we're here when the OP has a "2014" car that has unmentioned upgrades to a 2018+ by an aftermarket company, and somehow they have both gotten Tesla to look at this Frankenstein car after the HV system has a problem and also gotten a loaner. But that loaner is insufficiently luxurious and requires complaint. Ignore the fact that the car is so popular it saved the company from bankruptcy and allows Tesla to still exist to service this "2104" car, no normal Tesla owner can get a loaner at all, and no normal Tesla owner can get them to work on a modified car.

Like I said, solid and very successful troll. Bravo.

I love the fact that we're here when the OP has a "2014" car that has unmentioned upgrades to a 2018+ by an aftermarket company, and somehow they have both gotten Tesla to look at this Frankenstein car after the HV system has a problem and also gotten a loaner. But that loaner is insufficiently luxurious and requires complaint. Ignore the fact that the car is so popular it saved the company from bankruptcy and allows Tesla to still exist to service this "2104" car, no normal Tesla owner can get a loaner at all, and no normal Tesla owner can get them to work on a modified car.

Like I said, solid and very successful troll. Bravo.

Setting aside most of what you said here, I have always considered threads like this (owner of more expensive model going into subforum of cheaper model to complain about how @!%$#!@$ it is) to be "trolling lite". This type of thread exists in just about any forum that has multiple models of products.

Not quite enough for me to do something as a mod, but it definitely feels like "inspire conversation".

I havent seen anything in this thread that changes my opinion on this, either.

I have a 2014 P100D model S and I got the vehicle will not start and other BMS errors yesterday so I was able to drive it to to the service center and they said it's a isolation prob and they're gonna do a full diagnostic on the lift today to find the actual issue.

Anyway they were super helpful and very nice and even gave me a loaner even though my warranty expired almost a year ago. Because I'm a tourist and am camping 1.5 hours away from the service center.

But it's a model 3 and I don't how y'all drive these things on the regular. Like I left at 90% and I'm driving 150 miles and I'm arriving at 13%. That's only like 35-40% on my car but it's damn near a full charge for this thing. Luckily there is 1 supercharger only 30 miles out of the way from where I'm going so it's not a massive detour but still I wasn't planning on using a SC at all for this trip with my car.

Also does anyone else have a problem with how UNINTUITIVE everything is with the operation of this damn car‽ FFS nothing is easy to operate and even the locks I gotta swipe the damn card to lock and unlock and turn it on what a massive PITA.

I hate to punch a gift horse in the mouth because this loaner is a thousand times better than me having to pay for a rental car and I'm super grateful for the shop to be kind enough to loan it to me, but damn I ****ing hate the model 3 the seats aren't even comfortable in thos stupid car. How do you people take this crap 😂🤔

Lucky you for getting a loaner out of warranty on a modified vehicle. I had to rent a car to get home from a trip in California, then fly back two weeks later to pick up my car. I rented a Model 3 from Hertz, which was a-okay despite it being the standard range model with slower charging than what I'm used to.

I've gotten a 75 as a loaner before and it was more powerful than this basic 3.
I have a 2019 75D and a 2023 Model 3 RWD.
Of course the 75 is more powerful than the base Model 3. This is equivalent to someone taking their Audi RS7 in to service and getting an A3 loaner and then complaining about how slow it is.

This 3 that I have is the standard range plus which equates out to trash
The standard 3 has better technology than my 75D. The suspension and speed obviously can’t match the Model S. But, at $47k less than I paid for my Model S, the Model 3 isn’t trash. Best bang for the buck in EVs right now.

Only acceptable response to an obviously biased and bigoted thread.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 11.25.33 AM.png

It's a rant, that's all. Oh the unfairness of it all!
Nah, it's a troll: (from Wiki)

"In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum, a chat room, an online video game) or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses,[2] or manipulating others' perception, thus acting as a bully or a provocateur. The behavior is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or purposefully causing confusion or harm to other people.

In this context, both the noun and the verb forms of "troll" are frequently associated with Internet discourse.
"

I felt the exact same way you just said about a Loaner model S I had a year ago when my car was with tesla for a couple days. I mean I hated (HAAAATTTEED ) it. it was a big, bloated pig while driving it, the screen was too low to actually be useful, the car itself was way too big. The only thing I found useful at all was the hatchback.

Same here. Probably the newer refreshed Model S is decent (besides lack of stalks), but the loaner I got while my Model 3 was in service was major dookie.

Last time I was in for service and got a Model 3 loaner, it showed up in my account and in the app. That was a nice improvement.

They must've given you an older RWD with major degradation.

Reactions: texastodd