Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting… loaner model 3 sucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a loaner car.... 2020 Model 3 standard plus when I dropped my Y off yesterday to fix the small dent that was there on delivery.

Glad that I got a loaner car but the car isn't in the best shape. Inside side paneling on door pillar is coming off and people were charging it to 100%. At 80% it only shows 170ish miles. Not a huge deal as I won't be driving so far.

I've nicknamed it stinky because it has a certain smell on the inside.

I'm also really glad I got a Y. Feels so low to the ground so a little bit more of a PITA to get in and out of. Build quality on Y is much better. Piano black and no wireless phone charging or power trunk stinks. Oh and the chrome everywhere is ng as well.

Didn't seem so bad when I test drove the 3 back then but feels bad coming from a brand new Y.

I miss my car. I think I get it back tomorrow though.

I'm glad I got a loaner though. I've heard that most people don't? Or at least the people who don't complain about it on the forums more. Lol

I'm also really glad I got a Y..... Build quality on Y is much better. Piano black and no wireless phone charging or power trunk stinks. Oh and the chrome everywhere is ng as well.
You have a pretty old Model 3 there if it has Chrome, that was mid 2020 or earlier. It's not a Y vs 3 thing, it was literally 3's built before the Y existed. This is like saying you're glad you got a Y and not a Model S since your Model Y has AWD.

Basically the ideal miles is what they use for adverts and marketing
No they don't. They use the EPA range everywhere they quote range, and they specifically mention that it's EPA range.

1698161132491.png

Reactions: GtiMart
No they don't. They use the EPA range everywhere they quote range, and they specifically mention that it's EPA range.

View attachment 984930
I think the OP is talking about Ideal vs Rated range in the car for a legacy Model S. Back then "Ideal" was the 55mph steady state (no A/C, Heat, wind, elevation changes, etc), and "Rated" was the EPA range:

People who got into Teslas during the Model 3 era may not be aware of this mode given the Model 3 never showed Ideal range.

I have a 2014 P100D model S and I got the vehicle will not start and other BMS errors yesterday so I was able to drive it to to the service center and they said it's a isolation prob and they're gonna do a full diagnostic on the lift today to find the actual issue.

Anyway they were super helpful and very nice and even gave me a loaner even though my warranty expired almost a year ago. Because I'm a tourist and am camping 1.5 hours away from the service center.

But it's a model 3 and I don't how y'all drive these things on the regular. Like I left at 90% and I'm driving 150 miles and I'm arriving at 13%. That's only like 35-40% on my car but it's damn near a full charge for this thing. Luckily there is 1 supercharger only 30 miles out of the way from where I'm going so it's not a massive detour but still I wasn't planning on using a SC at all for this trip with my car.

Also does anyone else have a problem with how UNINTUITIVE everything is with the operation of this damn car‽ FFS nothing is easy to operate and even the locks I gotta swipe the damn card to lock and unlock and turn it on what a massive PITA.

I hate to punch a gift horse in the mouth because this loaner is a thousand times better than me having to pay for a rental car and I'm super grateful for the shop to be kind enough to loan it to me, but damn I ****ing hate the model 3 the seats aren't even comfortable in thos stupid car. How do you people take this crap 😂🤔
That’s funny. I had my Model 3 LR in for service and got a Model S as a loaner. It rattled, air was gushing in the window and I thought it was unintuitive as hell. I didn’t complain and figured that almost everyone beats on a loaner like they beat on a rental. I hope this doesn’t ruin your trip.

Reactions: ODWms
People who got into Teslas during the Model 3 era may not be aware of this mode given the Model 3 never showed Ideal range.
As an owner of a 2016 Model X, I am well aware of the ideal range. However, what I was quoting was this:
Basically the ideal miles is what they use for adverts and marketing

Well, here is a screenshot of Tesla.com's Model S ordering page from July of 2016, where they clearly call out EPA range, not ideal.
I have never once seen Tesla use the ideal range in "adverts and marketing."

1698174204944.png

Side note, look at how crappy the Model S's range is at 210 miles and how slow it is at 5.5 seconds 0-60.
Oh wait, there's more than one Model S configuration? No way Tesla would do that on a Model 3 also though, right?

I have a 2014 P100D model S and I got the vehicle will not start and other BMS errors yesterday so I was able to drive it to to the service center and they said it's a isolation prob and they're gonna do a full diagnostic on the lift today to find the actual issue.

Anyway they were super helpful and very nice and even gave me a loaner even though my warranty expired almost a year ago. Because I'm a tourist and am camping 1.5 hours away from the service center.

But it's a model 3 and I don't how y'all drive these things on the regular. Like I left at 90% and I'm driving 150 miles and I'm arriving at 13%. That's only like 35-40% on my car but it's damn near a full charge for this thing. Luckily there is 1 supercharger only 30 miles out of the way from where I'm going so it's not a massive detour but still I wasn't planning on using a SC at all for this trip with my car.

Also does anyone else have a problem with how UNINTUITIVE everything is with the operation of this damn car‽ FFS nothing is easy to operate and even the locks I gotta swipe the damn card to lock and unlock and turn it on what a massive PITA.

I hate to punch a gift horse in the mouth because this loaner is a thousand times better than me having to pay for a rental car and I'm super grateful for the shop to be kind enough to loan it to me, but damn I ****ing hate the model 3 the seats aren't even comfortable in thos stupid car. How do you people take this crap 😂🤔
Not a lot of value in this post.

• Funny
Reactions: toolman335