Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car knows home routine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car setting to fold mirrors, and not to use Sentry mode. I wish it would also allow me to remove charging cable and not limit the trunk lid height when I'm not at home.. hit my head about 20 times already, mostly where it could be full open. Maybe I'm missing a user settings page.

Another odd thing is.

I have my home address set, the car charges there more often than not....

About 5 miles from where i live, there is a Tesla Supercharger, i regularily drive home from somewhere with a projected SOT of about 5% when i get home, and i will plug it in when i get home, but as soon as i go past the supercharger on my way home, it starts telling me i must plan a route to a charger because i am "almost out of range of all known chargers"

Would be REALLY nice if i would be able to set a tickbox "I have a home charger" so that the car does not start nagging me about going to a known charger, when i have one at home, just waiting for the car to be plugged in when i get there and it kind of knows i am going there, as the navigation is usually set to my home address so that the wife can check my location and projected arrival time (To know if it is likely i will be home for dinner).

It can be no surprise i have a charger at home, most often it is actually charged there and the car knows i am going there as well.

Reactions: R.C.
I wish it would also allow me to remove charging cable and not limit the trunk lid height when I'm not at home..
I had a thread like quite a while back. You can simply push the hatch higher by hand when you're away from home. What do you mean allow you to remove the charging cable? You push the button and the second it turns white, you pull.

Ah, I meant when I'm in the garage without my phone or keycard and would like to pull the plug so I can walk past the car, knowing I'm charged sufficiently, just not going anywhere at the moment. I think the inability to remove the charge cable is intended so "others" won't unplug you. I have no "others" inside my garage.

Ah, I meant when I'm in the garage without my phone or keycard and would like to pull the plug so I can walk past the car, knowing I'm charged sufficiently, just not going anywhere at the moment. I think the inability to remove the charge cable is intended so "others" won't unplug you. I have no "others" inside my garage.
There are folks that park outside their garage to charge, so I don't see that ability coming, unless they begin using face recognition.

I wish it would not limit the trunk lid height when I'm not at home.. hit my head about 20 times already, mostly where it could be full open. Maybe I'm missing a user settings page.
Agreed. I haven't hit my head at home, but it would be nice if it fully opened when outside. The opening has to be lower on my MY than any previous car I've owned. OTOH, I would probably start hitting my head at home if I got used to full opening everywhere but home...

The first time I opened my trunk it hit the top of my carport. I immediately adjusted it to within one inch of the the carport. I hit my head on the lid at least once a week while parking in the driveway. Other places, I have gotten used to opening it further, so I don't smack my skull. I have found that my head recovers from the knot on it faster than a dent in the trunk lid.

• Funny
Reactions: 804son and Midpack
Another odd thing is.

I have my home address set, the car charges there more often than not....

About 5 miles from where i live, there is a Tesla Supercharger, i regularily drive home from somewhere with a projected SOT of about 5% when i get home, and i will plug it in when i get home, but as soon as i go past the supercharger on my way home, it starts telling me i must plan a route to a charger because i am "almost out of range of all known chargers"

Would be REALLY nice if i would be able to set a tickbox "I have a home charger" so that the car does not start nagging me about going to a known charger, when i have one at home, just waiting for the car to be plugged in when i get there and it kind of knows i am going there, as the navigation is usually set to my home address so that the wife can check my location and projected arrival time (To know if it is likely i will be home for dinner).

It can be no surprise i have a charger at home, most often it is actually charged there and the car knows i am going there as well.

There are folks that park outside their garage to charge, so I don't see that ability coming, unless they begin using face recognition.
I agree it isn't likely but tripping over the cable isn't pretty either .. it folds the mirrors in driveway so a check box to do various things differently at home isn't an outrageous request either.