Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not turning off when exiting the vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Experience the same exact thing with exiting the vehicle. It’s very annoying and like you said very sporadic and then sometimes it happens all day long. I even tried leaving the vent open didn’t seem to make a difference.
Hi
The same thing for me. Some days no problems at all others it happens all day, open window no help. Frustrating to say the least.

I have Experience the same exact thing with exiting the vehicle. It’s very annoying and like you said very sporadic and then sometimes it happens all day long. I even tried leaving the vent open didn’t seem to make a difference.
I have also had the exact proble forseveral months and it happens Every time. Eventually it shuts down but, not sure if it is 5 or 20 mins. Yes, definitely annoying

had this issue (randomly) on my 2022 Refresh S. I noted that times when it would occur, submitted the bug reports each time, opened a ticket in the mobile app and kept updating with the times it happened. They diagnosed remotely as failing drivers seat occupancy sensor. Mobile service came out and replaced the sensor in my driveway in less than an hour.

had this issue (randomly) on my 2022 Refresh S. I noted that times when it would occur, submitted the bug reports each time, opened a ticket in the mobile app and kept updating with the times it happened. They diagnosed remotely as failing drivers seat occupancy sensor. Mobile service came out and replaced the sensor in my driveway in less than an hour.
Sounds like the route to take. Multiple other posts had pointed that issue out. I think you are the first to report that it got addressed. Great news and Thanks much!

Hello All,

I've been experiencing a sporadic issue with my pre-autopilot car for several months now and service is unable to replicate and fix it. When exiting the vehicle and closing the door, the car does not shut off. The headlights remain on, the LCD screens remain on, and the radio remains on. The door handles will retract the but mirrors will not auto fold. If I open and close the driver door again then the car will finally shut off. The has happened numerous times (at least 50, sometimes up to 3 times a day but not everyday) so i am 100% positive that the door is completely closed. I have brought my car in for service several times for this issue and they were unable to replicate it either time. I even provided them with exact time stamps of when the issue occurs. They told me they can only look at logs for the past week so I gave them numerous time stamps within that time frame and they were still unable to find anything.

At this point service is saying that it is a software issue and that it will be fixed in a future release but I don't necessarily buy that. If it was a software issue I am assuming it would be more wide spread and that I would have seen other posts on the forum regarding this. Apologies if i am wrong but i don't recall seeing any posts like this and a quick search did not turn up anything either. Another issue is that this problem has been occuring for several months and through the last 3-4 software updates and before 7.0.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I thought that it could be the seat sensor malfunctioning but service says that is not the case. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed faster? It's pretty annoying to walk away from my car only to realize that it isn't turned off and then having to walk back to open and close the door again. Could also be very dangerous if i don't realize that the car is still on when walking away.
I am having the same issue since the last update. Took it to a service center today and the made an adjustment ( steering yolk) and downloaded the firmware again.
Just took the car for a run and it didmt turn off.
Came home and it turned off.
Frustrating