Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Reboots When Opening Door/waking it up after purchasing Basic AP 2015 MS 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All-

On Thursday night I purchased basic AP for my 2015 Model S 70D. On Friday, the car prompted me and said “your new feature is now available to use!” Or something to that extent...

Nothing seemed different and I could not engage autopilot so I rebooted the MCU. With nothing still improved, I called support.

The first tech had me reboot the instrument cluster, the MCU, and even tried to shut down the car through Power Off in the menu.

Interestingly, the car never shut down and stayed shut down, it always booted back up by itself. He then relented “it will take a few days to calibrate” and to call back if needed.

That night is when I realized that the car was no longer functional when I first get in.

What it shows is “full self driving compatibility trial” and “software update in progress” on the MCU.

Immediately after that the instrument screen says “other screen is busy” or something to that effect and both screens reboot. I can then drive after a minute or so. Anyone have any thoughts?

My car cannot support FSD- so I’m not sure why there is a reference to it...

Attachments

• 995A68BB-EA81-4302-B54A-478050199372.jpeg
    995A68BB-EA81-4302-B54A-478050199372.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 48
$3000- it wasn’t showing up in my app and the other day while the car was at the shop for its inspection, it popped up as an option. Without hesitation I added it. I’m looking forward to having it but I would rather not been going through this hassle.