Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car threw a pyro fuse needed service dash light, no biggie, under warranty, I am new to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is a 2016 S 86k miles 7.5 years into the 8 year warranty so no big deal. Question here is that the app offered a morning appointment that was just a few days out, and 2 days later It shows it is still sitting where I dropped it. Is this normal or are they usually more punctual with appointments vs actual getting the cars in the shop. Work to be done was the pyro fuse on the HV battery and they offered to do the emmc memory upgrade recall while there. No cost for either. I got other stuff to drive so I am not in a bind but would of rather dropped it off when they were ready.... Thanks for any feedback.

How long did you drive around with the pyro fuse warning? Mine just popped up a few days ago on my June 2016 MS but I can't be without a car due to the holidays coming up, and loaners are rare in my area. I don't even know if they provide Uber credits anymore. Was planning on scheduling the service for mid-January.

How long did you drive around with the pyro fuse warning? Mine just popped up a few days ago on my June 2016 MS but I can't be without a car due to the holidays coming up, and loaners are rare in my area. I don't even know if they provide Uber credits anymore. Was planning on scheduling the service for mid-January.
It popped on on my June 16 model s a few days ago as well. My understanding is you can drive indefinitely with the warning but if the battery in the HV fuse module gets too low there is a risk that it might not activate and decouple the hv battery in a crash, was not to worrisome to me. Warranty covered it and the EMMC recall upgrade as well. I paid an additional $214 to have the cellular board upgraded to 4/5 LTE from the old 3g tech I understand it going away. Hoping for better possible browser performance with that, we will see. not a terribly expensive deal to try.

Reactions: SneepeZ