Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car was damaged in parking lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch!!!!!! Did the parking sensors pick up the curb?
Nah, they never do. I'd gotten used to scraping parking curbs, but this one is good quality and the corners grabbed an edge. I kept backing when I heard the scrape but should have put suspension on high.

It's a nuisance but I've rebuilt this car from extensive front-end damage so I'll fix this in about an hour.

Nah, they never do. I'd gotten used to scraping parking curbs, but this one is good quality and the corners grabbed an edge. I kept backing when I heard the scrape but should have put suspension on high.

It's a nuisance but I've rebuilt this car from extensive front-end damage so I'll fix this in about an hour.

Like with OPs dent and yours way worse, I always hate to see a Tesla damaged. You’re fortunate that you’re handy in that way to do the repairs yourself to save on repair cost.

My husband almost had a similar experience with our Model S and a curb at work, but he stopped when he heard the initial scraping sound. It was in his company’s parking lot and he had the suspension geofenced for a higher setting. He’s sure it was fine when he parked, but probably over the curb, which he now will double check before leaving the car parked. Best he and Tesla could figure out the car might have been on an unlevel paved area and self-leveled while he was inside during the day bringing the car down on the curb. We had it self-level at home once too, driveway is on an incline to begin with and apparently maybe not level from side to side. As a result of the incline, our home is geofenced to a high or very high setting to avoid bottoming out. Never had any issues with SAS since then so could well have been the case. We love air suspension in the car and are just more careful now even with geofencing to check how the car is parked.

Fixed now.

Q3FH4AB.jpg