Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash...Does it fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I jet washed my Model S today. Before Tesla, I used to use the local car wash. Does an S fit in a car wash?

I think many of us are so precious about our cars we wouldn’t dream of using a car wash :rolleyes:. Even the hand car wash outlets that have sprung up over recent years are shunned in favour of the snow foam, 2 bucket, resin filtered water finish process. :D

I purchased all the cleaning equipment to clean my MS myself, but I’ve only managed one wash in the year I’ve had her. So I use BP car washes now, as they state the max width of the car on the sign (normally 2.2m, which gives you just over 10cm clearance each side). It’s a tight fit, and you’ll want your mirrors folded!

I purchased all the cleaning equipment to clean my MS myself, but I’ve only managed one wash in the year I’ve had her. So I use BP car washes now, as they state the max width of the car on the sign (normally 2.2m, which gives you just over 10cm clearance each side). It’s a tight fit, and you’ll want your mirrors folded!
That's what I call risky!
Managed a wash using my Karcher, the other day. Bit of a pain drying it off!

I can only speak from personal experience. I have them a perfect car and I got back a piece of crap it’s that bad they have now had it 5 weeks fixing the pain work they damaged through extremely poor wash skills. The car looked like a 15 year car that kids had washed every weekend all it’s life with a sandy rag.