Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front number plate fallen off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this fell off earlier whilst washing the car. It looks like I should be able to just reattach the plate to the screw but I can’t get the screw to fit in the hole.

Does anyone have any instructions for how to fix this please?

Attachments

• IMG_5587.jpeg
    IMG_5587.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 100
You need to first remove the plate itself from the black plastic holder by pulling the bottom lip on both sides (Where it says Tesla).
This will allow to remove the metal number plate. Then you will see the back of the plate holder where most likely a screw has fallen off.
Just align it back with the mounting plate on the bumper, fit a new screw, put the numberplate back on, and the lip, and you'll be good to go

sorry - the markings may not be there on yours. I meant the plastic lip normally located at the bottom of your plate. That what hold your plate to the mount. You can lift it slightly from the sides and it will come off, allowing you to remove it by sliding it downwards

The earlier plate holders had “Tesla” embossed at the bottom. Your backplate is certainly different to mine.
there should be some obvious joins on the plate holder that will give a clue where the metal plate slides out.

There are a few different designs but all essentially the same where you remove the bottom part of the frame to allow the plate to slide out which allows you access to the mounting screws.