Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RPMTESLA has some nice options for changing the look of the model 3 interior. The owner Mark is a great to work with and stands behind the products. They have installation videos showing how to install their products as well. I would recommend their upgrade trunk lights as well. Big difference in the light output.

https://www.rpmtesla.com/model-3

https://www.rpmtesla.com/installation

Attachments

• 11002FD0-89A5-4947-AAA4-752B0642A7B7.jpeg
    11002FD0-89A5-4947-AAA4-752B0642A7B7.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 387
  • E8ACBE9A-C8DD-4F38-83C3-7B170EADDA03.jpeg
    E8ACBE9A-C8DD-4F38-83C3-7B170EADDA03.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 305
  • 2CDE2D32-5101-4317-96D3-931CEB3BA141.jpeg
    2CDE2D32-5101-4317-96D3-931CEB3BA141.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 22DE82BB-974C-4395-A368-4AF2B1F175C8.jpeg
    22DE82BB-974C-4395-A368-4AF2B1F175C8.jpeg
    402.7 KB · Views: 293
Looks great. I did the same and am really happy with the result except for the passenger side dash trim. Have a few wrinkles behind the screen. I’ve not had the same success as you making contact with Mark. My messages do not get returned. I’m trying to see if I can purchase a single piece as opposed to the two piece combo, if possible.

Does anyone know how best to remove a vinyl wrap? Do I heat it up with a hair dryer? Just wondering how difficult it is to remove and if it leaves an adhesive mess.

Looks great. I did the same and am really happy with the result except for the passenger side dash trim. Have a few wrinkles behind the screen. I’ve not had the same success as you making contact with Mark. My messages do not get returned. I’m trying to see if I can purchase a single piece as opposed to the two piece combo, if possible.

Does anyone know how best to remove a vinyl wrap? Do I heat it up with a hair dryer? Just wondering how difficult it is to remove and if it leaves an adhesive mess.

@tagpats he actually has a video of taking the wrap off without anything. It is in the same video of the one piece dash wrap. You just have to go slow when taking it off.

I had some Vinyl wrap on my car for over 6 years. It came off reasonably well with a hair dryer. Not much clean up afterwards.

Yeah he has a video on how to remove it and install it. The wood dash looks to be the most difficult part but if you watch his video he gives you tips on how to install it.

T Sportsline’s trim piece looks good, but like everything else, it’s way overpriced. They were selling $30 lug nut cover and center cap kits for $130. Plus, when you email them with a question, instead of answering it, they just add your email to their marketing spam list.

In contrast, I called Mark at RPM Tesla and he is was very responsive and helpful with my dash trim mess up. I’m adding the carbon fiber window door wraps and he is tossing in a piece of the dash trim for me, so I can reapply. Email may not be the best way to communicate, but he picked up the call right away, so call or text appears best. Nice guy and solid customer service!

@viet658 - thanks for the video

View attachment 285302 For anyone who is reluctant to try this themselves, I can certify to being a car modification rookie. I feel like my center console came out as well as any detail shop could do for me. In fact, I hired a detailer to do it for $125 because I was afraid of screwing it up, but he flaked and I just tried it myself. Glad I did.
nice job man - looks fantastic. Any tips for how we can get results like this? I Just ordered mine.. I've seen the video but i feel like your edges around the cupholder came out really nice. Did you use a heat gun at all?/

nice job man - looks fantastic. Any tips for how we can get results like this? I Just ordered mine.. I've seen the video but i feel like your edges around the cupholder came out really nice. Did you use a heat gun at all?/

Thanks! I watched Mark’s videos and just took my time. The material is very forgiving. I recommend doing it on a mild day or in the sun so the material is heated up a bit. I think this is why I have a few imperfections in my dash trim. I did that on a colder day and it wasn’t as easy to work with. I should have used a hair dryer to keep things warm or just waited for a better day.

I was most concerned about the cupholder, but I actually found it to be the easiest of the three. Maybe it was because I did it last and got the feel for it. I did the center piece, then the top lid and then the cupholder. The pieces are truly custom fit, so just be mindful of your edges, being as square as possible and ensuring any exposed lips, like the center lid piece when it is flipped open, are covered. The material does have some stretch to it, so if you are off slightly, you can generally make it work.

All things considered, it is not that expensive to buy a whole new set and try again, if you don’t like your result. Mark may also help you out with a single piece if you ask nicely. It’s clear he is trying to make this is doable as possible for the do it yourselfer, which I appreciate. You can see from other mentions that he is doing a good job of building brand loyalty for his products and stands behind them.

Good luck! Post some pics if you like your result.

Reactions: RedAntisocial
I installed this same kit on mine a while back. All was great except the cutout for the cup holder area was not quite right. It is butted up against the side trim whatever and still overlaps the silver ring in one area. Not a big deal but still bothers me.

The 1 piece dash kit was the hardest to install by far. I removed the piece from the car to do it. I would not not like to do it while inside the car. Came out fantastic though.

The center console kit was VERY easy to put in. Took very little time also.

I installed this same kit on mine a while back. All was great except the cutout for the cup holder area was not quite right. It is butted up against the side trim whatever and still overlaps the silver ring in one area. Not a big deal but still bothers me.

If you take your fingernail or something sharp, but flexible, you can trim any excess that runs over on to the metal portion of the cupholder. You can feel the edge that separates the now covered piano black portion from the metal. Just run something in that seam and you can carefully trim any excess. I had a tiny sliver of vinyl that spilled over on the passenger side cup holder and just carefully trimmed it away. The seam is very shallow so there is no room to tuck that excess away. Can only really trim it.

If you take your fingernail or something sharp, but flexible, you can trim any excess that runs over on to the metal portion of the cupholder. You can feel the edge that separates the now covered piano black portion from the metal. Just run something in that seam and you can carefully trim any excess. I had a tiny sliver of vinyl that spilled over on the passenger side cup holder and just carefully trimmed it away. The seam is very shallow so there is no room to tuck that excess away. Can only really trim it.

Honestly I am afraid to do this. That is why I bought the pre cut pieces. Last time I tried to trim it I damaged the piece underneath. I would hate to do this to my Model 3.

Honestly I am afraid to do this. That is why I bought the pre cut pieces. Last time I tried to trim it I damaged the piece underneath. I would hate to do this to my Model 3.

I don’t blame you and wouldn’t recommend a major alteration if your alignment is not close to perfect. In my case, I think I just stretched that edge slightly and it gave me the bit of overlap on to the metal. I just had to clean up a little more than a razors edge to get it just right.