Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon After market Spoiler Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... I'm pretty ticked here... My spoiler is leaking a white goo that dries to the car, looks like crap, is rough, and if I try to remove it; 1. damages the paint of the car and 2. comes back next time I wash it or it rains.

Is anyone else having this issue?! I'm going to have to remove it at this point, as I see no other way to stop this run off of glue type stuff. I plan to contact the seller today and see what can be done.

I'm guessing it came from using that "adhesion prompter" that crap needs to be REMOVED from the packaging!

No issues from My side...new turbine and brakes painting in red as well...only thing left is to tint the Windows...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439217156.363322.jpg

I've had issues with my replacement spoiler. I had to take it off and I'm trying to remount it one last time before I tell the seller I want to return it. I did take the opportunity to remove the promoter. It wasnt a big deal to remove with GooGone, but I can't say I had any run off issue. My point is that its easy to take off and take the opportunity to clean off the promoter. It IS a PIA as it took a while to get that dang tape off the spoiler and put new tape on it.

Any pics of the spoiler on a grey car?

Here are a few photos of the carbon spoiler on my midnight grey car.

Follow up to my orginal post... I contacted the JCSPORTLINE company and they provided a refund to match the new $199 price ... very reasonable!
The spoiler arrived in about a week in a well packaged Styrofoam container for protection. The carbon finish was perfect and installation was easy.

Amazon.com: JCSPORTLINE Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip Spoiler Wing for Tesla Model S(2012-2014): Automotive

Attachments

• IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 482
I've had issues with my replacement spoiler. I had to take it off and I'm trying to remount it one last time before I tell the seller I want to return it. I did take the opportunity to remove the promoter. It wasnt a big deal to remove with GooGone, but I can't say I had any run off issue. My point is that its easy to take off and take the opportunity to clean off the promoter. It IS a PIA as it took a while to get that dang tape off the spoiler and put new tape on it.

I'll get some goo gone over lunch at work, but why are you removing it?

What's this promoter stuff? Mine just came with 3M tape on the bottom (I bought from the eBay link though, so possibly a different seller)

it was a 'wet wipe' in a white square, that had a lot of Japanese writing on it (I think it was Japanese, don't shoot me), and "adhesion promoter" in English. i thought it was an alcohol pad. It was a type of glue, that's now running out from under my spoiler when it gets wet...

I've reached out to the seller... and plan to remove the spoiler tonight w/fishing line and goo gone.

it was a 'wet wipe' in a white square, that had a lot of Japanese writing on it (I think it was Japanese, don't shoot me), and "adhesion promoter" in English. i thought it was an alcohol pad. It was a type of glue, that's now running out from under my spoiler when it gets wet...

I've reached out to the seller... and plan to remove the spoiler tonight w/fishing line and goo gone.

Ah, perhaps I missed it in my box

Yea, I don't think anything will stop the water lines, short of leaving it off...

I removed it, fairly 'easy' I thought with fishing line... only to discover that I royally F'd up the paint now... awesome.

I'm going to try to remount it, as that will hide the now fubar'd paint...

I can't seem to win.

I applied the 3m tape that was on the roll that came with it, it's a lot thinner than the last stuff... cause for concern?

Ohh, and when I used the sticker remover stuff, it got on the tail lights... and nearly destroyed them...

I was able to fix the tail lights w/some polish and an old t-shirt. they look good as new now, but that royally pissed me off...

again, can't win.

Last edited:
I removed mine because the left edge didnt lay flat and after just a slight pull, i could tell it didnt stick well. I thought i made an error mounting it and also with your comments about the promoter, i figured id remove that as well. So after determining that the spolier just wont lay flush, i emailed them wanting to return it. They suggested using thicker 3M tape, but i'm not going to wrestle with anymore and retun it all.