TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Carfax for diminished value

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hota, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hota

Hota Member

Anyone have an extra or unlimited Carfax report to give? I'd like to check if my $4400 door ding that was repaired at a Tesla authorized body shop is listed on Carfax. If so, I'm going to make a diminished value claim.

2. LuPapa

LuPapa Member

A carfax report is only $39 on their site. Seems like a small price to pay after a repair like that

3. MyWifeandI

MyWifeandI Member

You'll be surprised at how much value your car has lost. A small scrape and broken tail lamp, less than $2500 to repair, St Lucie Appraisal came up with a diminished value of $8,500. Tesla buyers are picky and a bad Carfax could impact the car down the road, for example, if it gets hit again their insurer will balk at paying any diminished value because the car had a prior loss.

4. Hota

Hota Member

Wow! If I can get that, I'm glad I got my little door ding then!