TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Carpet mats for my Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by RossRAllen, Aug 1, 2016.

1. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

I installed a set of black carpeted mats from ForMyTesla.com with a custom logo "MODEL X" and vinyl trim to match my tan leather interior. I also bought the optional frunk and two trunk mats: one for the 3rd row seats down and the other (with logo) for the Shelf Trunk.

The 3rd Row Down mat can be stowed easily when the seats are raised; the Shelf mat stays in place even when the shelf is rotated up into the position that gives access to the cargo well underneath.

Here are links to some other images
    trunk mats: Trunk mat set for Model X
    driver's side mat: Model X Driver's floor mat with black heel protector
    frunk mat: Trunk mat for Model X

I am very pleased with the quality and fit of these mats, which are rubbed-backed for non-slip in the passenger cabin. Jerry at ForMyTesla.com gave me superb customer service.

[​IMG]

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

To dupe Ross's post, here are my very similar mats from the same source. They are really great.

20160613_140227sm.jpg

• Like x 1
  3. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

These are very nice mats, aesculus. You're the reason why I went with ForMyTesla.

A new driver's side mat with a footrest to protect the carpet from the driver's left foot is under development by Jerry at FMT. I should get a prototype tomorrow to evaluate fit.

The frunk and trunk mats make a nice addition to the cabin mats.

4. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

Over the past week, Jerry's team developed a new driver's mat for Model X with a padded footrest protecting the original carpet. He sent me a prototype, I tested it, and it fits perfectly. The footpad stays in place when driving and exiting.

Here's the stack-up of the complete mat sets for 6- and 7-seaters from ForMyTesla.com. The "Graphic" is a user-supplied text/graphic image suitable for embroidery in various thread colors.

Model X Mat Set.jpg

5. aesculus

So that funky extension is part of the carpet, or is it separate? I thought he was working on a dead pedal.

6. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

Hi @aesculus - The "tongue" for the driver's footrest is part of the carpet. It has a plastic pad like the heel pad for wear resistance. It sits flat on the angled surface where your left foot rests, and it stays put.

FMT makes mats for Mercedes and other premium vehicles with this feature. It does look strange laying flat, but it conforms well to the different surfaces of the floor in the driver's footwell as seen on the FMT website.

I recall threads here and/or on the TM Forum where a dead pedal was discussed, and FMT was/is working on one. This mat provides the same protection for the base carpet for those who don't want the decoration of a third pedal. So, for info on the dead pedal, I'd contact Jerry at ForMyTesla.com.

7. aesculus

So Jerry is replacing your drivers mat with this new one? Or did he just send it to you to taunt you?:)

8. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

Yes, Jerry replaced my original driver's side mat (which was just fine) with this one with a left foot pad in exchange for testing and reviewing it for him. I made some recommendations that he'll use for the production version.

9. aesculus

Maybe I will have him send me the extra piece trimmed and I will put some carpet tape on the back to keep them together.

10. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

I too got my monogrammed carpet mats from ForMyTesla.com Yes, he provides excellent customer service. I am very pleased with mine for my S.

11. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

What could be better than Jerry's mats and driving a Tesla in Hawai'i?

12. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Ross, you are so so right. Mahalo nui loa.

13. choosetoshrug

choosetoshrug Member

I wonder how long it will take WeatherTech to make a set. I can't see paying $1000 for cloth mats, at least not with Michigan winters!

• Like x 1
  14. JonnyStinson09

how much did you get them?