Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpool sticker timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closer to 8 weeks for me.

I applied and paid for car pool stickers when I still had paper plates. Stickers came soon after metal plates arrived.

In the mean time I cheated on my 96 mile daily round trip. I carried the receipt for the stickers in case I got stopped, not legal but I’m a good talker. My thinking was what cop is going to give a second look at a Tesla in the car pool lane? My windows were tinted too.

Never had an issue.

Reactions: Ritu_o0o
Closer to 8 weeks for me.

I applied and paid for car pool stickers when I still had paper plates. Stickers came soon after metal plates arrived.

In the mean time I cheated on my 96 mile daily round trip. I carried the receipt for the stickers in case I got stopped, not legal but I’m a good talker. My thinking was what cop is going to give a second look at a Tesla in the car pool lane? My windows were tinted too.

Never had an issue.
Interesting, I didn’t know one can apply before getting actual plates and registration from DMV!!

On the carpool application it ask license plate number. What did you fill in there?