Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://notlost.org/gallery/v/chris/gatherings/motorama07/
Pixar Motorama 2007...Every summer all the car-nerds (I use the term affectionately) at Pixar get together and show of their babies..
DSC00714.JPG

DSC00747.JPG

Last edited:
So there is an Electric. He's apparently seen the light.

Official Description:

Sir Miles Axlerod is a former oil baron who has sold off his fortune, converted himself into an electric vehicle and has devoted his life to finding the renewable, clean-burning energy source of the future—ultimately discovering what he believes is the fuel everyone should be using. Axlerod is also the car behind the World Grand Prix, a three-country race he created that attracts the world’s top athletes—but it’s really an excuse to show off his new wonder-fuel, Allinol.
Not sure what Allinoil is but I do note the "eco symbol" wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
New cars get worse quality scores, SRT gets branded and Big Oil picks a fight with Lightning McQueen - Jalopnik

4th Gear: Pixar's Cars 2 opens today, and already the backlash against cutely rendered talking vehicles has come from the oil industry, which is portrayed as a villain in the movie's plot. Bill Bush, spokesman for the American Petroleum Institute — the place where the phone rings when old people dial information and ask for "Big Oil" — says he hopes people don't walk out of a movie theater taking the movie's plot literally. (Something about an oil magnate blocking alternative fuels.) "We understand movies need villains but hope people attending, children and adults alike, would come to appreciate the world needs oil as well as alternatives," said Bush. Also in Big Oil's back pocket: Movie critics, who've given Cars 2 only a 39% approval rating according to Rotten Tomatoes.

The Trades fluff off the mediocre reviews saying the last one had similar and with worldwide distribution and merchandising that Pixar will do just fine.

I'm planning on cheering the aforementioned EV character.

Honestly, Cars is probably my least favorite Pixar film (while The Incredibles is easily my favorite). I find most Pixar films fairly clever in their story telling, while Cars just felt like a (cliched) Disney movie. This sequel looks kinda interesting (from the trailers), but I doubt I'll go see it in a theater.

Honestly, Cars is probably my least favorite Pixar film (while The Incredibles is easily my favorite). I find most Pixar films fairly clever in their story telling, while Cars just felt like a (cliched) Disney movie. This sequel looks kinda interesting (from the trailers), but I doubt I'll go see it in a theater.

Exactly Doug. I agree with both comments and even put The Incredibles in top five films of all time, The point was that even though Cars was a "stinker" it did really well. The other thing about Cars is the Art Direction and Production Design. There are more car references hidden in scenes than anyone could ever notice in a single viewing. Amazingly beautiful and clever. Sorta like the the Mickeys at Disney properties (Parks, Ships, etc.) Too many to find and moderately cool when you do.

I saw the movie last night (opening night). I personally liked Cars. I thought Cars 2 was just as good. I didn't read any of the reviews, so I don't really know what they complained about. But I can definitely see why Big Oil wouldn't like this movie.

-Shark2k