Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cashier’s Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by my IDA that it should be "Tesla Motors Inc" and it is what got sent to Tesla from the bank. The bank didn't even ask and that's what they put down. My MVPA also have "Tesla Motors Inc" as the account for wire transfer.
I specifically asked my IDA and he said "We are no longer Tesla Motors, Inc since we do more than just cars. It's Tesla, Inc." The name of the company is easily found as it is listed on the NASDAQ: TSLA : Summary for Tesla, Inc. - Yahoo Finance. It's "Tesla, Inc."

• Informative
Reactions: tvisdog
I specifically asked my IDA and he said "We are no longer Tesla Motors, Inc since we do more than just cars. It's Tesla, Inc." The name of the company is easily found as it is listed on the NASDAQ: TSLA : Summary for Tesla, Inc. - Yahoo Finance. It's "Tesla, Inc."

Well they will need to update their MVPA and inform all their IDAs. I am sure they could cash any check with "Tesla" on the payee even if you put down something like "Tesla Auto".

This were still on my MVPA one week ago:

tesla_name.JPG
tesla_name2.JPG

Reactions: webdbbt
Mine is:

TESLA, INC.
435 WESTLAKE AVE N
SEATTLE, WA 98109

That's from my MVPA from Sep 2. I wonder if it's possible that it's based on the state, and in some states they use Tesla Motors, Inc. because they already existed there under that name, and for other states they exist under the new name "Tesla, Inc."

So maybe it's "Tesla Motors Inc." for the OP, since he's in California.

• Informative
Reactions: Need
Mine is:

TESLA, INC.
435 WESTLAKE AVE N
SEATTLE, WA 98109

That's from my MVPA from Sep 2. I wonder if it's possible that it's based on the state, and in some states they use Tesla Motors, Inc. because they already existed there under that name, and for other states they exist under the new name "Tesla, Inc."

So maybe it's "Tesla Motors Inc." for the OP, since he's in California.
I think that's possible. Maybe it has to do with some kind of accounting thing. That's why there is that inconsistency.