Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS retrofit service center availability for 2018 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the retrofit installed on my 2017 Model S at the Berkeley, CA Service Center. Service manager said it would take all day and ended up taking about 3 hours. Guessing they don't have much experience/knowledge about the install yet. I asked the tech who did the install if I could use the CCS1 adapter as a J1772 adapter. They said yes but as I found out it doesn't have the pins for AC charging so it's yet another adapter in my frunk's arsenal.

I was able to charge successfully at Electrify America and EVgo CCS chargers. EA was a bit finnicky with reading the membership pass I had in my iPhone Wallet. After waving my phone around the NFC reader for an entire minute it finally read and started charging. After finishing, I press the charge door button with my finger to tell the car to stop the charging and unlock the port. While charging at EA I noticed a lot of other EV owners struggling. A brand-new looking Mercedes EQB pulled in and fiddled with the terminal for about 15 minutes then seemed to finally give up and drive off. Another Polestar driver struggled to get their car unplugged for a few minutes. I've definitely been spoiled by the Supercharging experience. Now that the Supercharger/CCS crossover has started I hope the experience will improve for all EV owners.

O need to set "otherfastchargeallowed 1" and "plcadaptertype 1" in the configuration of MS Dec 2019 car (internal.dat of the gateway). Any way to do this?
This is the Gateway Configuration change that has been discussed earlier on this thread. The only way to get this changed right now is to either talk someone at a Service Center into making the update for you or (if you own a salvage/rebuilt vehicle) tracking down someone that has a special skill set to do it for you. I had to go the second route. I can get you in touch with someone if you are interested.